1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Rovio!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Samwise, 26 Oct 2018.

1. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

Today I accidentally purchased some ship pieces (I thought I was purchasing event tokens) and found myself just barely short of the 10k to unlock the interceptor, thus requiring that I buy *more* ship pieces. And that's when it hit me, you know what we need? MORE PREMIUM CURRENCIES!

Think of all the awesome benefits! The more currencies there are the harder it is to calculate value, I would need a freaking PhD just to figure out the exchange rates of gold, sugar, pearls, stars, ship tokens, guild tokens, and event tokens to item pieces, item parts, power cells, perks, guild boosts, assorted chests and special offers, etc. Maybe once I understand the Battle Bay economy that would enable me to finally understand international monetary economics. After all, how hard can real economics be if I don't have to worry about adding in RNG to figure out the value of what I buy?

So way to go, Rovio! When I first started playing Battle Bay, I thought I would be spending my time figuring out ship layouts and strategy, but instead of focusing on, you know, GAMEPLAY, I get to make spreadsheets to figure out what everything costs.

So why stop here? I suggest that Rovio should add a whole new premium currency every time they add a weapon, ship, talent, map, skin, game mode or ANY piece of content to the game. Because premium currency makes everything way more fun!

Ultrah, FataMorgana88 and xArrogance like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I smell some sarcasm here...

Rogue Blueberry and xArrogance like this.
  3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Actually they're going to do just that. Every ship that comes out from now onwards will have its own currency piece to unlock and upgrade :)

4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Lol

If you're curious .. it depends on how lucky you're feeling.

Event Coins
    $100 for 2,000 coins should give you around 25,000 ship pieces - if you hit the listed percentages on the dot [meaning I would expect about 12,000 ship pieces with my RNG luck].

Ship Pieces
    If you buy ship pieces directly, $50 will get you a guaranteed 10,000 ship pieces. Or, it's 20,000 guaranteed ship pieces for $100.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  5. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

I was able to grind out the intercepter special event and came away with a level 20 something interceptor just by play CTF, having fun (but grinding gets old at times, I had to ignore real life too much). Actually I am now a far better speeder captain now. And I’m having fun with the interceptor in regular battles.

After posting a few rants about special events I am finding I’m doing well now. Also, getting the right loadout was essential. The learning curve is humbling and the commitment can be high to reach the legendary (gold) reward but I play for free (I am a VIP but I don’t buy tokens or coins, I figure my $10 a month donation is enough). I keep wondering when I stop my VIP but so far Rovio has kept making the right moves to keep this game fun and fresh.

I think I’m going to love the interceptor. It’s is a nice blend of shooter and speeder/enforcer. With my new ECs and the SCs I’m dealing pretty good damage now but the interceptor is a little fragile and I have to play careful and sneaky. I think it will make a good fixer defender and when I see an opponent low on health I become an assassin.

6. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

Your time investment must have been substantial. I came up just short of 10k ship pieces avd that was with a couple days grinding for a few hours since I was traveling for work.
    Also, I'm not complaining about the pricing. I'm complaining that Rovio has taken an awesome game and layered on a staggeringly bloated system of premium currency. Why couldn't we just spend the damn event tokens on the ship?? Why use event tokens to buy some other currency that is then used to buy the ship? It's lunacy, it's hostile to players and it needs to stop.

Ultrah likes this.
  7. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

Yes. it took more time than I can justify spending in life.

I got a lucky 5000 reward on my second box purchase. Others in my guild seemed to get the 5K reward so I wonder if Rovio had made those a bit more lucky. I think Rovio does help with some quick luck. It makes the game a bit more addicting when there is a quick reward. Then I kept pushing the 100 coin boxes and got a few 2000 token rewards but mostly 700s. The 100 coin boxes yielded more tokens per coin. I got to 10K tokens about half way to the legendary reward box so I started working on the ship upgrades and when I got the legendary reward it helped me get a few more upgrades in.

Hope that helps you in the next event.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.