1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Shield or Tesla Bolt?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Juggernaut0503, 11 Jul 2017.

?

Tesla Bolt or Tesla Shield

1. Tesla Bolt

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. Tesla Shield

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. Juggernaut0503

Juggernaut0503 New Member

So by the biggest luck ever, I managed to pull 2 epic Tesla Bolts from crates and am in a dilemna. Should I use this potentially tier 2 epic tesla bolt on my MK4 Enfrocer, or stick with a Tesla Shield. Both have their perks on this ship, and Overboost is mandotory. Help will be appreciated.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Shield all dayyyy but keep it in case you play speeder

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Or you could be that layed back enforcer that uses shield and bolt. You'd dominate the 1v1's

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Eventually you'll get 3 yellow slots!

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Bolt > shield imo when u master them both

6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I've seen some epic bolt + frost play by enforcers...very annoying to experience it directly!

7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I use enforcer, i got two tesla bolt(quite luckily) just like you, however i prefer shield more on enforcer (i use neither), you sure can use tesla bolt once you get 3 yellow slot at mk6.

8. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

tesla sheild is only good if its t5 or t4 epic, if your just using rare you will only stun yourserlf most of the time,with legendary weapons spread out in the bay

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  9. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Tesla Bolt, i usually always win 1v1... once you have an MK5 id use both. Im only MK4 atm so Bolt for now

10. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New Member

Sorry for asking, but what`s the deal with tesla Bolt without Tesla Shield? How do you manage to win most 1vs1? I mean, you can stun your opponent for a few seconds and get your weapons maybe out of the cooldown. But if you fire one shot, stun is broken and the unfriend can use his weapons as well on you. As long as the unfriend is not about nearly to die, waiting 10 sec for having the stun available again mostly gives the unfriend time enough to blow me out of the water. Or did i get something wrong?

11. disorder

disorder Active Member

With t2 epic teslabolt its duration is 8,5s for a 11s cooldown.
    Enforcer with his dance can avoid at least 1 or 2 shot.
    If enforcer got a flare gun, he can use flare and tesla and just watching the opponent burning.
    I Like doing blast/flare/tesla/grenade /blast... If i m in a good place, or turn around turret i can kill a boat without being kill.
    After i use teslabolt and teslashield at mk5 (no ob or nitro...i Prefer a tankish enforcer)

12. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

i blast cannon 2x my opponent, then i stun him... get to opposite side of his turret and blast cannon opponent again 2x, rinse repeat. Stun lasts 7.3 seconds atm.

13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Hitting a stunned opponent breaks the stun? I've been using the Bolt tonight and can get off a sniper and cannon shot. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    I so far haven't had much success with the shield. I think I need more yellow practice though.

14. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

yes shooting stunned opponent removes the stun

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Damn this game's balances!

16. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Tesla shield can block mortar shots. It only works when you are at the very center (it's the only time you want to be in the middle of a mortar shot). Works great on fire bombs. If it's a big mortar you will be stunned for 4 seconds, but the extra damage is gone, so it is a good counter for Big Berta as well. For these reasons I always run with a Shield and an overboost (mandatory imo). Tesla Bolt is fun and usefull, but staying alive and doing damage is too big a plus to make me switch.

17. BuffTerminator41

BuffTerminator41 New Member

Did you know the shield can protect two boats? Ran into an awesome use for a tesla shield this morning. I play fixer in WII, about to promote to MIII, I had a defender with me and with incoming fire, he set the shield off to protect both of us.

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yes it is actually for that purpose, it can totally be used to keep weak teammates alive,if he is nearby XD

19. BuffTerminator41

BuffTerminator41 New Member

In almost 2000 battles, I've never seen anyone use it this way.