1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolts need to be NERFED

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 10 Jul 2017.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I am still stunned that in this last update, you devs managed to dilute the sniper, cut Fixer's ability to heal themselves by 50% (why not 25%??) and yet allow speeders to completely disable a ship for up to 16 seconds. Are you going to tell me that the sniper is more over-powering than being completely helpless for 16 freaking seconds?

The only thing I can think of, is the devs use Tesla Bolts and didn't want to hurt their own game playing. Why else would you allow stuns to last as long as a quarter of a minute in such a short game. I don't want to hear your BS about how shooting a stunned victim releases them from the effects. In a one on one situation, a speeder (or enforcer) can disable the remaining ship completely with absolutely no recourse. Try being the last alive against two speeders with stun.

1. I want to see Bhurt have new options for training with some sort of Faraday Cage that mitigates the effects of stun. Abilities that lower the duration.

2. I'd like to see much longer cool downs for them too. It's ridiculous this is allowed to occur.

3. For Defenders, they should an automatic, shorter duration given how armored they are. Surely there would be some sort of defense (Faraday Cage again?)

I don't mind losing because the other players played better. I mind losing because I was crippled for an obscene length of time in a short match with no way to defend myself.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2017
    BITTERSTEEL, KilleWh4le and Wishaal like this.
  2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

This I agree with.
    And I'll throw this in as well. Frost effects should be reduced as well. The amount of slow and the duration is too long! For example I'm a speeder can barely move after being frosted, imagine everything else. Ontop of that, being compounded with Frost + Torp with frost skills, it gets enormous added damage. Frost should not slow someone entirely by 60%-70%, should be 40% max.

Tesla bolts so top out at 8-10 sec max duration.
    Frost should be reduced to 6-7 sec max duration if the speed isn't altered, if speed effects are reduced, then I'm fine with the current duration.

Helius Maximus and KilleWh4le like this.
  3. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    10 seconds is still too long. It is the only weapon that completely leaves you helpless. It should be shorter. 8 seconds max.

KilleWh4le likes this.
  4. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Hmm no. 12 second is good enough.
    When someone bolts you, somebody else will take a shot at you, canceling the bolt.

Everything has a purpose. You can't just make every items weak and hope for the best.
    Sometimes, people will bolt you, run away so they can heal.
    Sometimes, people will send out torps and will miss (even when frozen).
    Sometimes, people will put mines everywhere and won't work.
    Missiles Launcher is incredibly powerful. Should it be nerf ? No.
    Mines is way way OP. Should it be nerf ? No.

Weapons are getting stronger, health are getting higher, defense as well.
    How can you possibly think we should nerf a lot of weapons (not you personally) but keep everything else the same ?

Here's an idea :
    Make EVERY weapons deal 300 damages and let's up the health to 25000.
    The winners would be those who have more health, thus, defenders.

Would it be balanced ? No.
    Again, every items serve a purpose.

You don't see people whine about Moisterner dealing so much damages with his T4 Flare Gun and fire perks and yet, we deal with it.
    We win some, we lose some. It's part of the game but enough with nerfing every single items in this game !! Every update means some things will be nerfed.

Railgun, tri-torps, sniper, fixers, OB/Tesla shield, next is what ? Big torp, missiles, health points ?
    Next next update ? Flare gun, EC, less health for every ships beside defenders and shooters ?

You see my point American Marauder.

Ultrah likes this.
  5. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

First of all, I agree that 50% less heal on a fixer is too much, cutting it by 30% would have been enough i guess.
    Secondly I still think sniper is too op! This weapon has huge range, fast projectiles and therefore is really easy to use, those crit hits do too much damage in my opinion.
    Now to the tesla bolt, I am exactly at 3k infamy and tesla stuns are not longer than 7-10secs here but I can imagine that 16 sec is quite annoying - so maybe nerf it down to like 12 sec max! Still devs can't just nerf speeders, overboost nerf was huge and speeders only have 2 weapons. In 1 vs 1 a shooter surely looses vs. a speeder with bolt, but before it is 1 vs 1 shooters (and also other boats with more weapon slots) can do huge damage, while speeders only have 2 weapons. So they kinda need those yellow items to balance the difference to shooters (hopefully it's clear what I am trying to say)
    So to summarize, I'd say nerfing bolts to 12-13sec stun is enough

6. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Thank you !
    (Beside the Sniper "rant") :)

7. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    "when someone bolts you, someone else can remove the bolt." Yeah? And how does that work when you're last man standing and up against one or two speeders? 12 seconds is too long.

8. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Happens quite a lot to many players. Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. There is a small window between the bolt. That's when you make your move.
    And a 16k defender vs 2 5K speeders with weapons that can deal 1500/2000, you can go for the kills.

The biggest problem is matchmaking. If no one has your back, you will probably lose (that's what I gather so far). not saying OP players but players that actually play and instead of going solo, would get your 6 o'clock in case someone gets behind you.
    I don't know you so apologies in advance, but you need to strategies (in general, not personally) and not just go "brute force" like a crazy person.

Also, try to take out the speeder(s) in the beginning. They usually try the "hit and run" thing and if 4 players are aiming at that speeder, she/he stands no chance whatsoever.

9. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

They are extremely op I have to agree.At low levels no because people just keeping shooting.But in higher levels people wait out the stuns so their weapons come off cooldown.And when youre free of the stun boom another one.Imo they should reduce the duration and increase the cooldown.Being permanently stunned is very much possible in this game lol.Same goes for frost blaster.Get frosted and hit by a big torp and you are basically taken out of the rest of the match if not already dead.

10. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    You guys are missing the fact that if you are properly positioned your teammates can protect you from any damage associated with being stunned. And battle sense in general can help you keep out of frosts/torps.

BEN and disorder like this.
  11. disorder

disorder Active Member

ok nerf teslabolt, frostlauncher,frostblaster, why not...
    with no change about mortar/napalmlauncher, etc.... sure... and put people like americanmarauder (alwyas crying with so much money in game??? funny)with paytowin player, we will play between freetoplay, that's another idea? why not?

12. MorphinePL

MorphinePL New Member

You will need the fixer to assist you. They have repair bolt now. You probably think of that game as player vs player. It is really players vs players.

13. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this and seriously I hate especially Orpheus' tesla bolts with 15 sec of stun. Not fun to play when he hides behind that tesla bolt and then tesla shield. Between tesla bolt hits he hits with huge dmg and then again, makes you helpless. 10 secounds would be totally max as it is also needed for escaping so it can't be max 8.
    15 secs simply is too long.:confused:

As freeze bolt user (41% slowing from it) I find it fine with 9 sec duration and won't mind if I get hit by same as I wont go to crawl speed then. Freeze with 70% is too strong and that should be lower for real. Maybe 50% could also be good as it slows you down to half which sounds fine at least :rolleyes:

14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

And change all of bhurt's +10% dmg to burning enemies to +5% dmg too. Thanks.

15. TheRedSpeeder

nope, would drop dmg of cannons too much compared to other items. Blast seems to do most dmg of them all when hitting burning target but it is same lv and same rarity std cannon as it fires 2-3 times faster and deals 800-1000 dmg with fire bonus when blast deals about 2,0k (epics). Dps is better in cannon with these.

Burning target isn't always on so it can't be said it's op alone. Besides torps are way more deadlier than cannons if those are on same level and same talent % bonuses.

Seriously stop calling nerfing all the time. There's items which needs it like tesla bolt (yes I do use it myself too) but some items which need combinations and skill to deal good damage are not those at this point. So leave the nerf hammer be and focus to right things. Thanks

16. Joey who

Why do you think every speeder in the leaderboard uses flaregun+cannon

17. TheRedSpeeder

Not every. There's plenty of torp users too and sure, it is good combination, not just because of damage out put, it is good for supporting your team too which makes flare gun + cannon combo good. If you take out/reduce fire bonus, everyone would probably search new combo and then there would be even more cannon + torpedos.
    Wouldn't it go too simple?

18. Joey who

Cutting the burning dmg bonus by half to crew only wouldn't be the end of the world. Would give some balance. There are still perks... Just my thought, so annoying running into those level 35-38s who use flare gun cannon on speeder. Taking 1500-2k damage in 2 shots is pretty frustrating.

19. TheRedSpeeder

But their cooldown is quite long so you can escape. Besides like I said, that wouldn't balance it. It would only get to that torp + cannon side so it probably would go even worser for you if you hate to take that much dmg.. hmmm.. how much did big torp deal again.. oh right.. 1,5k-3,5k with single shot. Nice? Nah I like flare + cannon more.

20. Robos

Robos Member

Didn't speeders, enforcers and fixera get a massive nerf a week ago when OB and TS got weakened? Why not let things settle for a while before suggesting new massive changes.

Also the crew training for buzzkill is really expensive and takes time.

I actually think that people with the extremely overpowered legends are a bigger neucannce (esp at 2000-2500 infamy) but if Rovio nerfed those I'm sure player like OP with multiple evolved legends would lose their shit and demand refunds