1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolt

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 25 Sep 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There was a time when Tesla Bolt was an OP yellow item. It was used on pretty much every speeder and everyone knew how to react when they saw a stunned opponent. Subsequently in one update it’s cooldown was lengthened and so it has fallen out of favour.

In the 2v2 event, stun is very powerful as it effectively creates 2v1’s. However, I’m suffering from some teammates not understanding how to play with a teammate who stuns an opponent, so here’s a quick reminder.
    This is what a Tesla bolt looks like on a ship. It kind of looks like a spring on a poll.
    14CC6E5D-7300-4D5E-A5D3-3991789F4726.jpeg
    When someone is stunned, they get a timer above their head. A good stun can last about 14 seconds.
    5C8321BD-E3CA-4E5A-A497-F5ADA6892B1F.jpeg
    They get a glow around their ship and a timer above a set of stars appears. The stun wears off when the timer expires.

The Golden Rule of Stun is Never Break a Stun
    Your teammate will expect you to leave a player stunned and will move on to another target. It does not matter that you can’t miss - do not break the stun. The only exceptions are when the opponent is one shot away from death, or when they are the only opponent left.

Following this rule will mean that you’re very successful in 2v2 events. Failure will lead to you losing the game and having to trot out the same excuses about bad matchmaking or bad teammates.

Nikkie!, wcc634, Kurd1stan. and 6 others like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Funny, I was thinking about making a similar topic last week... only mine was going to be much more salty and patronising. :rolleyes:

Another reason to leave stuns (even if it is the last ship) is because it buys your teammate time to recover.

So many times, I’ve had teammates remove stuns with worthless cannon shots, and then the stunned ship immediately blasts me with EC and does 1600 damage. And I’m not ready, my Tesla Shield and my weapons are still on cooldown, I may even get hit more than once, or die. Then you are fighting on your own, and possibly taking damage too.

So that 600 damage ends up costing your team thousands, and possibly leaves you a man down, or a point down.

If you let the stun run its course, then it gives me time to get my shield back up, and my weapons back online, then, we can both shoot together and destroy the ship quickly before he can do any damage.

If you’re not paying attention to the stun, then you’re probably not paying attention to my hp either. I’ve definitely had teammates break stuns and get me killed, thus giving away the last point of the game.

Don’t break stuns! Every time you see that yellow circle above a ship, it means your team is winning. Leave it there.

3. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Tesla bolt need buff.
    Atleast they should remove the bug to make it more usable.
    What you guys think?

4. Greatgambler440

Is stun bubble and overboost combo still effective on speeder.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What bug?

6. Greatgambler440

Not buff actually I am confused what its called.... Buff or bug
    The thing which reduced the next stun duration by half.

7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

No tesla bolt doesn't need a buff, it's still one of the most powerful items in the game and quite possibly the most annoying one of them all.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

9. Greatgambler440

But it is the only item with which speeder survive.
    Also I am not saying to buff it.
    Just remove the bug which one get when hit by stun.... And it reduces the next stun by half.
    Can u imagine someone using it for a minute in which only 20 sec is stun..... Which get removed by some noob player

10. Greatgambler440

Can u show me demo..... Can u tell me how?
    If its true tgen many were using stun but none of then use.

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/JMSVTVDQ#KHFMCMLT
    Is it? Haha check out my speeder mercilessly bullying this team of enforcers without using stun or tesla shield.

The stun resistance is a necessary feature of the tesla bolt, not a bug.
    Without it speeders could permanently remove a player from the match by chain stunning them.
    Unfortunately, some noob is always going to be around to break your stuns, even at the very top of nightmare league.

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I don't use tesla shield or tesla bolt on my speeder, but OB/shield/stun is still the main setup of many top speeders.

13. Greatgambler440

I never see any speeder using at top level.
    Its bubble nitro and Overboost

14. Greatgambler440

So its called stun resistance... Hmmm
    Stun resistance was a necessary thing when nerf was not there.... But now it is making stun useless... It should be removed to make stun viable.
    Like stun someone for 14 sec then after 20 sec cooldown.... It is only 7 or even less when many resistance are there....
    So.
    After the nerf resistance should be removed.

15. Greatgambler440

He was bullying
    He was bullying just beacuse his team was rocking

16. TheAntiSnipe

Lol.

Dude. EVERY ship in this game is team dependent. If you think your teammates are carrying you, you need to play better. But if you're thinking you could have done it alone, you're worse. Nobody can win a game without their team helping. Show me a top player fighting and winning against players of his caliber alone, then I'll believe you;)

17. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

He just wants his old days back. Back when speeders could juggle 3 enemies thanks to broken bolt.

18. Greatgambler440

You are right bro its a team game.

But watch the replay u will see that none of them tried to kill him that why he was bullying

19. TheAntiSnipe

We can all agree those days are gone, and that it's better that they are gone. I'm not happy with how speeder is today, but buffing something as stupidly ex-OP as the tesbolt was... Is not the way to go.

The reason I stopped playing speeder is basically that I like speedforcer more. It's more agile and better at everything compared to a speeder.
    That's the speeder's JOB. Get in undetected, assassinate, get out without getting shot. This simply means that @Stelmo 's team was doing a good job, and fulfilling their roles.

Any game where speeders get multiple kills and are NOT top damage is a testament to the good work of everyone in the team, and not just the speeder.

20. Greatgambler440

True.
    Just think now yellows cant even juggle a single boat.
    Shooter is way more op now.
    Yellows specially enofrcer is broken badly.

Check up the nerf shooter thread