1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tanking incentive removal

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 8 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What are the tanking incentives, other than EZ matches?
    1. Added rewards
    2. Easy 3* wins
    3. Going low then ploughing through low levels in next season to win big

Let's talk about ways to completely eradicate the incentives.

1. Added rewards: If you "fall" from your league, you lose any and ALL multipliers straightaway.

2. Easy 3* wins:
    Make crates vary by league. Meaning that if you win a fight while in Ace league, you gain purple stars. If you win a fight in Master, you get blue stars. So winning in higher leagues is incentivized by better star crates, while winning in lower leagues gives substandard rewards.

3. Going down hard and "springing" back up.

This is tough. The easiest way I see is making it so that going down an entire LEAGUE from your all time best gives you zero rewards for top 3 next season.
    Why?
    • Imo it is next to impossible for a player to be bad enough to drop a league in a season and suddenly become good enough for top 3 next season, like come on.
    • It may be brutal, but the people getting caught in the crossfire will be minimized.

2. RowanSilverflame

RowanSilverflame New Member

Two things: Firstly, I went enforcer for a few days last season trying out a new ship. I lost about 1000 infamy total. Once I got 800 below my highest infamy ever, I stopped getting rewards. Even the standard pearl that comes with a VIP subscription. I didn't start receiving tweet rewards again until I got back within 800 infamy of my highest
    Infamy yet.

And second, your solution of removing things as soon as you drop out of your league won't fly. Mostly because what happens to those nightmare players who get below 4000 right at season onset? That's not fair to them. And also to players who are right on the cusp of two different leagues. We all know that we can have ups and downs in this game. It's just not a solution I see working.

3. TheAntiSnipe

As to your first point, I agree. Losing 800+ from your previous best sucks.
    Also, if we exempt NML from this, it'll be fine.

Let's have two cases. John Doe went from Ace 1 to Ace 2. As we all know, Ace 1 has its top 3 at above 4000 infamy most of the time. There's no chance that John Doe who got to Ace 2 last season can make it to Ace 1 rank 3-2-1 in 14 days. My system only gives zero rewards as top 3. So if you are not top 3 you'll get great rewards either way. I'm saying it because I've seen people exploit the mechanics to get easy lege pieces, which occur in the top 3.

I believe we'll be able to do away with the 800+ loss rule if my suggestions are implemented.

*JAWS* and FearsomeChicken like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

One solution might be to base battle reward multipliers and contribution, around gear-score differentials. So that if one player has much better gear than the ships they are fighting, then they won’t recieve good contribution, or any multiplier (possibly even a divider).

This will mean that you can never have both easy matches and easy rewards at the same time. The best rewards will then go to players punching above thier weight, which is an incentive to do better, and face tougher opponents.

Of course, this might encourage some players to lower thier gearscore as much as possible, hoping for a carry, but there will be little advantage unless they’re also contributing. And also, people using underleveled ships is already a problem, that ought to be relatively easy to fix.

5. TheAntiSnipe

Good idea!

6. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I like this point, and i would like to add to this suggestion. I think it would be better if after you collect some number of purple, blue, green star, you have a chance to gain items according to the star color, just like rare, epic, legend leg pieces.

As for number 1 point, i dissagree to apply that because there are cases where player fight hard and fair but still loses many games.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Can you move your own thread to suggestions and ideas? ;)

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Ok(oops)

The Otherguy and TheFixer27 like this.
  9. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Let's say Larry went down from master III to warrior I, then went back up higher than befor and placed top 3 because he got a new legendary and he leveled up his ship, as well as evolved some items. What then?

Last edited: 8 May 2018
    The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Is in it 800 points off current season high.. not off all time high

11. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Poor Larry gets no rewards.

:(

TheFixer27 and The Otherguy like this.
  12. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he meant a whole league as in from Ace I to Master I or Master III to Warrior III.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Edited it

14. TheAntiSnipe

Then Larry is a fringe case, 0.1% (or less) people are Larry.

The current system hurts EVERYONE, where at least 15-25% people are trapped without good reason.

I think Larry the wallet warrior can take it like a man because he can easily afford a legendary.

ViscountSniffit and newguy1942 like this.
  15. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Larry still votes +1 anyways

TheAntiSnipe likes this.