1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tales of a combat medic

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Skirra08, 7 Dec 2018.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I know the normal loadout if a reaper is 2 duct taped or a duct tape and a repair pulse, partially because of bb-stats.com but also because itsi obvious. The reaper doesn't have a lot of health so being able to heal itself is a big plus. And that's fine it's a smart move. But I don't have any duct tape and personality wise I'm not sure I'd have fun going the selfish route. So do I just give up on the reaper?

No, I didn't. In fact, it's my favorite ship. What I've done is embraced the role of combat medic. If you've read my hunter/killer thread https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/hunter-killer.23476/ you'd know that I like to play the fireman role where I charge in and create an advantage for my team. Well there is no better fireman than the reaper. Not only can it deal enough damage (I run a lvl 50 epic railgun and a lvl 10 legendary one) to get the kill without poaching. It can also get there in a hurry (double nitros) and it can save your teammates butt. I run a repair bolt and a repair pulse. I usually lead with the bolt causebi have an invincibility perk on it (best perk in the game imo) and because 1200 hp in one shot can makema big difference. The repair pulse is mainly so I don't die right away, paired with my lvl 50 epic bandaid I can usually survive a brief firefight. But also with the nitros I can get in pulse range really fast and then get back to safety.

Overall by pairing the firefighter technique with the combat medic loadout I average between 15k to 20k damage and 15k to 20k heal per battle. So if you don't have duct tape or don't want to cross over to the selfish side you can still run the reaper.

If anyone is interested in more I can dig up some replays.

Note: I'm pretty sure under TheAntiSnipe's play style categories I'm a ranger with a bit of rogue/assassin mixed in. So this fits in with mu overall philosophy.

2. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

3 of my guild mates and I on one team. Saved a teammate and hit the battle winning kill shot. I love the reaper. Oh and as a bonus my guild mates were doing defender quest so 155 defender wins in one battle.

https://replay.battlebay.net/ZDRRYHNZ#NHPVSLXN