1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Syncing with Facebook at iOS

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by MobyDiver, 5 Jul 2018.

1. MobyDiver

MobyDiver New Member

Hi,

I had hard time transferring my account from Android to iOS. Many of you have had similar problems, so here's a description how I managed to do the job.

I had my account in Android phone. I created a new Facebook account to make sure that there is only current Battle bay account synced. I logged out of Google play, uninstalled Facebook from my phone (to make sure which FB account BB uses) and logged to FB inside BB by typing my FB account email and password. At this point, it's good to test your sync by removing data of BB from your phone's settings and then starting the app without Google Play (you have to play through tutorial). Then sync with Facebook again, answer "yes" when it asks if you want to restore your progress and you should see your account. All this time your account is safe at Google Play.

Now to iOS. I restored iPad to factory settings. Then downloaded BB, turned Game Center off and played through the tutorial. Then synced to FB and managed to restore my account. Then connected to Game Center and answered "No" when it asks if I want to restore my progress (another account which I didn't want to use). Now I have my BB account backed up in Google Play, Game Center and Facebook.

I'm not sure if restoring to factory settings was necessary. I tried multiple times with failure, so I just wanted to be sure. I think maybe the critical detail here was that I didn't have the Facebook app but instead typed the FB account details. BB seems to remember FB account, so changing the account in FB app is not enough.

MobyDiver