1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Swift Torpedo Talents

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Scogel, 12 Jan 2018.

1. Scogel

Scogel Member

Overall are speed talents or damage talents more important with the Swift Torpedo. Under Sinklair talents 9/17/22 are either damage or speed and I couldn't decide which would be better. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Speed is good, but don't always select that option.

3. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Or else you're going to have a torp that is difficult to manage and does such a low amount of damage that it's not worth the cool down.

4. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Agree with the damage part but ST cools down faster so if ur playing a ship having more weapons then it is not necessary to train damage talents

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

All speed. as you rank up people become better and better at dodging torps.

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Depends on how skilled you are. Are you making more than 50% of your shots?

7. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Not everyone is able to dodge torps

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it depends what you want. I’m currently training one up, and I plan to put as much into speed as I can. But that’s because I just want a cannon type weapon, that I can shoot, in a pinch, which isn’t going to be blocked by waves.

On the other hand, if you’d prefer a Big Torp, but you can’t take one because of slot point limitations (like on an Enforcer), then you might be happier with damage buffs.

00starlord00 and Babablacksheep like this.
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It depends on the rarity, level and perks of your torpedo. If you post those items, I'll tell you what the damage differences are.

Generally speaking... If you are using rare swifts not at max level, I would go: Lvl 9 25 points, lvl 17 15% speed, lvl 22 25 points.

I'll show you what my setup results in:
    I'm using my lvl40 rare swift torps (with 20% perks) as reference. I have a spreadsheet that lets me compare damage easily.

Level 9: The point damage increases are actually factored in "twice" (shhh, don't tell Rovio). The damage equates to a 4.9% increase in total damage with my rare. However, the more you level your torps, this percentage goes down. At max for my rare, it would only contribute about 3.4% increase, which is still substantial. 10% speed is obviously not as good as 15% in lvls 17 and 22.

Level 17: The 5% crew bonus actually only contributes about 3.5% to total damage increase. 15% is a lot of speed.

Level 22: Again, 25 points contributes more than 5% damage until you are nearing max level or if you are using epic/legendary swifts. 15% is a lot of speed though, so you can go either way.

10. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Generally speaking with all torpedoes unless you're running frost torp you want to go with speed. The extra damage doesn't help when your opponents can outrun/dodge your torps, I regularly play with players who have super high level turbos and overboosts who can very easily dodge swift torpedoes at close range. Also players at higher rankings have better gamesense which is why you should never have more than half your guns be mortars or torpedoes, as once you hit Ace 2 and Ace 1 they become a lot less valuable as the players learn how to dodge and evade. Bottom line is that speed perks will help you most in the long run.