1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for more diverse guns/items

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Lo4eath, 15 Oct 2018.

1. Lo4eath

Lo4eath New Member

Hello all,

I've had a couple ideas on how to make the guns/items more diverse in conjuction with the new update on ships.

We've been having a lot of discussion on our private messanger BB room with friends and guild members, discussing how certain items are just not viable/are a gimped version of another item.

My "solution", or rather a suggestion was to make the items customizable. Introduce a RTS style skill tree. Lets take the healing box as an example.

1st you'd lvl it up like usual, and then at a certain level you'd have the option of choosing between 2-3 paths that will further enhance your box, but each way would be different.

1st branch of the tree would be you'd fire an additional box, totalling at 2 (deploying the boxes would be similar to the firing pattern of carronade)

2nd branch of the tree would be Big Box. x% chance to deploy a Big Box that when picked up by an ally, everyone on your team is healed, kinda like the crit mechanic right now.

3rd branch of the tree would be Explosive Box. When picked up by enemy, the box would explode, dealing x damage, or x% of enemy's hp, whichever value is higher, capped at 1.5k dmg. When picked up by an ally, it would act like the box of old.

We've also had ideas about OverBoost, like either you could choose between it having a 50% increased effectivity when used, or when used, you'd project a AoE overboost, boosting everyone near you for 3s.

Let me know what you think of the concept.

BR

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I like it, kind of an RPG style twist to item leveling. It would definitely create diversity between items which is a good thing. It would also add an element of mystery to battles. Right now you can pretty much guess an enemies loadout during preload and confirm during battle which lets you play strategically based on the items they are using. Not knowing which tree they chose to evolve would allow for some surprises and new tactics.

An idea I had similar to this was having each weapon/item gain a special fire mode after landing x amount of successful hits.
    For example: After hitting 4 targets with the rail gun the next shot fires a mega rail. Mega rail would be twice the size of the regular projectile and be able to peirce multiple targets and obstacles.

This would only apply to activatable items and could be shown by turning the item icon gold when the special fire mode was charged.

Lo4eath likes this.
  3. Lo4eath

Lo4eath New Member

I like that, but that would make Ballpark mortar have the area dmg of the whole Waywayrd :p

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Each weapons special fire mode would be unique to the item. For BallPark Mortar it could fire a bunch of mini mortars with hit zones the size of a single ship that cover an area twice the size of the BallParks standard area. More mortars = higher chance to crit multiple targets and the damage would be contained.