1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion - Map Strategical Spots

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fix-it, 25 Oct 2017.

1. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Battle bay should be a team strategy game. But every general or sergant marks out strategical spots. Why dont we have those points besides capture zone? To spice game up, here is a little list I made :) (Will expand it on request or as much as I think out)
    1-)Grasses
    -We have grasses in BB maps, everyone knows them. But what about they could cloak players, and make them more hard to detect?

2-)Flowing waters(May be in next maps)
    -It would be nice if we have a map with rivers. It will boost you if you swim along, or slow you if you swim cross it.

3-)Barriers(May be in next maps)
    -You know those yellow barriers that most maps have on capture zone? What about a map filled with them along capture zone?

4-)Whirlpool-Mud
    -Some areas to entangle and slow players when they in it?

The Grim Repair and _devill like this.
  2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
  3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

For 3, do you just mean like the buoy walls? If so, are you suggesting completely encircling a cap point with them (obviously sans at least one entrance/exit)? If so, that seems like a bad idea all around. Capping is already disincentivized enough, no reason to make the cap point a barrel for anyone to start blasting the fish in. Outside of that, I like your ideas, in particular the water with specific currents. Would make for some interesting gameplay if you could, for instance, easily jet to specific areas even as a slower ship, but then be stuck without a quick return if your gambit didn't pan out.

4. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Yeah I was talking about buoy walls. I though you can use them to take covers...

5. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I see. Well, it might work as cover, but they'd have to be taller than normal, and ideally have a roof too. Otherwise, it would just be a shooting gallery. I could get behind a map designed with capping in mind, though.