1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Change of torpedoes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ket_raB, 11 May 2018.

1. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

Hello everyone, I've got an interesting idea for torpedoes. It's about nerfing damage of torpedoes a little bit (for example from 2000 to 1500 - I mean damage of big torpedo here), but adding a flooding system. It could be like fire damage, but turned into inundation.

For example, when we have our torpedo nerfed from 2000 to 1500 damage, the flood could take like 100-350 damage (depending on place, where the torpedo could hit - while torp hit front or back of our ship, the flooding damage could be bigger than in situation, when torp hits middle of our ship.

Going further of this idea, there could be created a new perks and talents - For torpedoes - bigger flooding damage (Perks and talents), and for blue items - deacreasing a flood or torpedo damage.
    The amount of damage taken from flood is to discuss.
    If you have any suggestions or ideas, how it could work, please post a comment and show your opinion about this idea down below.

It's all from me, thanks for taking time.
    See you in the Bay,
    Ket_raB

Last edited: 12 May 2018
    The Otherguy and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  2. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

You're propably right, i was thinking about this, but i still wanted to share my idea here.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Please change 'want' to 'need'. Your sentence makes the Devs sound like a bunch of selfish, donkey holes.

But, I don't think torps need any nerf right now. They already were nerfed in the anti frost patch(all +10% frozen damage trainings on Mortimer and Sinklaire were changed to +5%, but one extra +5% frozen damage talent was added to each tree).

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    A new durational (is that a word? :confused:)debuff is pretty cool but introduce a new yellow/green item as well,
    "Damage control party"
    Item icon:A mini repair box,a fire extinguisher, a wire(IDK something to fix being stunned?? I know nothing about physics:rolleyes:)A heater and probably some nuts,bolts and gears too)
    When used Accelerates the time and effort to put out fire, frost, stun,recovery and flooding,and also lightly repair damages too

Ket_raB likes this.
  5. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

Good idea, but some of these functions are already in other repair items, like repair bolt, which can delete a stun effect. So there's 2 options - add these functions to other items or create a new item.

Last edited: 11 May 2018
    TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Touch my big torp and I’ll hurt you.

Jk Jk. I like it, but don’t nerf the damage so massively. I was also thinking that what if a torpedo hit from the front and the back of the ship did a bit more damage than a side hit.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Just keep them as is, its simpler :)
    The damage always being max is what makes them viable, as is the splash damage.
    Being able to stay head on with your opponent to guarantee weaker torpedos is a major nerf for the attacker.
    Plus how does this work with splash, the splash calculates how much each part of the ship was hit with the splash?
    Or depending what part of the ship is hit, is the splash around it calculated differently? It gets very messy.
    Also what if you are in a corner and as you pull out the torp hits the wall behind you damaging the back and the side? Will you get 2 different percentages working on the numbers?

wreck your day and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Somebody has been playing World of Warships. ;)

The idea is definitely interesting. I'd have to hear the details of how it would be implemented before I can tell if I'd like it or not.

9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

This idea seems like an unnecessary complication. You're nerfing their damage in order to... add damage? o_O

10. Jason 26

Jason 26 New Member

I don't think the devs would Nerf the damage, but that is one BODACIOUS IDEA!!!!! I love it. Maybe a new perks could do like the flare and napalm perks which increase the time of Flood damage taken. THATS AN AWESOME IDEA MY FRIEND

Ket_raB likes this.
  11. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

You are right, i'll change it in the post now.

12. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

As i said, in my opinion big torps are a little bit OP, so i decided to make an idea of flooding, to deacrease some of this OPness.

As i said too, the flooding damage is to discuss.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  13. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Dude you're making this sound like World of Warships Blitz. I don't know don't we already have a over time damage weapons already like the fire weapons. I say just nerf the torpedo splash damage by 20%.

14. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Oops you play WowS blitz? I play WoWs on PC too so that's where I get the name from :p

15. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

1. The splash damage doesn't determine the flooding damage - it's all about place, where torp hit our ship ( perks and talents may have importance here too - if new will be added)
    2. If you are near the obstacle, and torpedo will hit it, you will get bigger or lower flooding damage - it's all about part of the ship which is closer to the obstacle.
    Or the second possibility is to add flooding damage only when it directly hits the ship.

16. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

One, simple rule - Ask me, i'll answer :D
    And one more thing - yes, i am playing World of Warships from time to time, but i weren't thinking about WoWs when this idea came to my head.
    It's true my suggestion is similar to flooding system in WoWs.

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Oh no no no, you’re fine. I like your idea. This was just a suggestion to add in to your post. But if that’s what you meant then, cool thanks!

Ket_raB likes this.
  18. Ket_raB

Ket_raB New Member

I decided it will be more 'realistic' to change it how you said. Thanks for good suggestion!

HARPO! likes this.
  19. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

ok thanks. but the flooding idea is even cooler. Don't count that out

20. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I never played it before, but im pretty familiar with it. I was like hmm "fire extingushing system and acceleration system. Sounds almost like WoWs.