1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Alter rewards handout based on recent infamy (not max)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by David Bonaparte, 25 Nov 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I occasionally see people saying that they dropped significantly below their max infamy and now get low rewards. My understanding is that rewards are proportional based on your highest ever infamy. What if that gets changed to being based off of, say, the last 50-100 matches. Sometimes people legitimately drop in infamy. Sometimes they were away for months and come back even further under-leveled than the competition than before, and are literally incapable of matching the damage output of their contemporaries in the vast majority of matches. Seriously, its not very easy to consistently fight people with level 30-40 weapons on a ship that only recently hit 20 in anything besides a rare Turbo. So, umm, it might be more fair to returning players ( or people hit hard by a nerf) to base matches off of "recent" history rather than peaks.

Technically speaking, I'm sure infamy droppers could try to abuse this again, but you just have to make the recent history tracked when factoring rewards reasonably long. I seriously doubt any infamy dropper would want to spend a long time dropping his score so he can quickly rise again. Likewise, I doubt that any most infamy droppers would want to draw attention to themselves now that its a known offense. So I think most/all complaints about lost infamy and match rewards are probably quite legitimate.

There are probably sides to this that I don't see, so other viewpoints are welcome, so long as they are thought out and aren't mindless bashing of ideas foreign.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Personally I dont like the system in place.
    It limits you to trying out new combinations and loadouts in fear of dropping too low and also remember that you cannot single handedly win fights (usually) so you are reliant on your team to a certain degree.

I think before any penalty is handed out the account should be flagged for inspection from Rovio.

A quick look through a battle log should be enough to see if someone has deliberately dropped or just been rather unlucky.