1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

suggesting modification on frost nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by DANIEL NEAG..., 21 Nov 2017.

1. DANIEL NEAG...

DANIEL NEAG... New Member

In my opinion frost has been nerfed really badly. The tone down effect is not as bad as the removal of frost. In so many battles i have seen people getting frozen and within a second they get hit and frost disappears. Its like 99% time in battles. This is practically making frost weapons useless unless in 1 v 1 situation.
    So may i suggest to bring changes like everytime a frozen ship gets hit his speed reduction or frost duration gets reduced by 50%. This will keep things a bit interesting for everyone. Or else remove the freeze benefits all together and we use it just as a thing to ease our aiming. Just suggesting. Open to discussion.

ViscountSniffit and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I agree completely.

What was really odd about the nerf is that they already had a benchmark for frost from before the guild update (when the crew training wasn’t being applied). It seem pretty balanced back then (possibly underpowered).

The reduction to the slow effect was enough to take it back to around that point. The one hit removal took it way beyond, and was unneeded.

I’ve never been a frost user (aside from a few test games), but I also never had a problem with it. And I actually enjoyed seeing more enforcers on the Bay rocking the frost launcher. That’s pretty much over now: back to fighting 80% shooters again.

DANIEL NEAG... likes this.