1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stricter Star Requirements for Shooters!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TonyStar123, 21 May 2018.

?

Should there be stricter star requirements?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I just thought of something when I saw the defeat screen of my usual battle. I notice usually a shooter on my team even though we lost will almost always get a star for just doing like what 5k to 8k dmg. I do 15k healing and don't get a star. What is this? All the guy had to do was to go into the whole entire team and do dmg? I tried my best that game as a fixer and didn't get a star for keeping my team alive.
    (If someone create this before me, I'm sorry. But I am not looking through more than 50 pages just to see if someone else post it before me.)

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Agreed. As well as with everything else!

TonyStar123 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The star system is really unjust. You should see what it’s like for Speeders.

Take this game for example (literally my most recent game):
    8622E8F9-3B3C-4758-86EC-1A2AD3F82187.png
    It wouldn’t be unfair ‘at all’ to say that I carried that game. I made the first kill. I took out the unfriends’ Fixer, at great personal risk (practically a solo kill), to give my team an early advantage.

Then, when my whole team was dead, and I was left 2v1, I had to finish off the Tesla Shield Enforcer (the other teams’ star player), whilst keeping the Shooter on stun, then I had to chip down a 6k Shooter from almost full health, to win the game, with 1 second left on the clock (another 95% solo kill).

None of my damage was healed up. That 20k healing by the other team was all Shooter damage. Yet they walk away with 2-3 stars each, and what do I get? 1 friggin star! Even a floater would have got 1 star.

Feel free to watch the game, and see if you think I was really the ‘lowest contributor’:

https://replay.battlebay.net/SHLBRYFP#NFGDXGMH

Also, you gotta feel bad for that Enforcer, huh? 4 kills and 22k damage, and he still lost. Poor guy...

Last edited: 22 May 2018
  4. TonyStar123

I think the Star system right now thinks more highly of damage rather than everything else.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

That is a correct analysis :)

6. TonyStar123

If only they actually counted healing for stars

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Actually it used to be worst some months ago. I'm sure devs are always looking for a fairer way to give us stars.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TonyStar123

I just wish they would do something that gives everyone a fair chance to get starts no matter who wins and lose. The current way is only making the damage dealers get stars even though other ships like the fixer, enforcer, and speeder played really well but didn't get anything when they lost.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.