1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategy - Cannons

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Tirth2_, 14 Oct 2017.

1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    This is a short Strategy Guide on cannons with few tips at the end. Hope you like it and suggestions are most welcome.

All the calculations have been done considering Level 1 Rares of each cannon.

• List of cannons in the game :
    1. Cannon
    2. Blast Cannon
    3. Sniper Cannon
    4. Explosive Cannon
    Following is a table I have prepared with basic level 1 statistics of each cannon.

Capture.PNG
    Moving Further, I calculated specific time of reload or cooldown of each cannon, so we have a number of shots of each cannon as a whole number, simplifying calculations.

So, the time comes out to be pretty big,
    Time = 947940 seconds
    So, below is the table of the number of shots that can be fired in above time by each cannon and total damage done by each cannon in the same time.

Capture1.PNG
    As you can clearly see Cannon is the weapon with most damage followed by Blast Cannon, Explosive Cannon, Sniper Cannon and Carronade.

Comments on each Cannon :
    1. Cannon: Clearly, the most powerful cannon in the game, with short cooldown time, and mid-range it proves to be lethal when attacking an enemy closer to the ship. Plus, its projectile speed of 38.5 boost its power and accuracy to hit a moving target.
    2. Blast Cannon: The second most powerful cannon, it has bit low projectile speed affecting the accuracy of the weapon compensated by heavy damage.
    3. Sniper Cannon: With the largest range and highest projectile speed Sniper Cannon is useful when hitting the enemy from a long distance, can prove to be lethal if not dealt correctly. Long range proves to be Advantageous as the user can use cannon from a distance alongside using waves a shield, distorting enemy's accuracy. Plus highest Projectile speed boosts accuracy.
    4. Explosive Cannon: Deals heavy damage but has the longest cooldown time. A risky weapon to deal with, you never will want to miss a shot. Slowest projectile speed just destroys it's accuracy. Surely you need skill to use a weapon like this.

That's all for now, if you guys like it please comment down below, any feedback is appreciated and if you want I can prepare more guides.

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I main Blast Cannon and Exploding Cannon on my speeder. They are very close in terms of projectile speed and accuracy. In some ways the exploding cannon is more accurate, because you can miss and still catch people with the splash if they are near a wall.

I’ve tried running regular cannons, but the short reaload is often meaningless when you have a lot of yellow items keeping them on global cooldown. That’s probably why they’re better on a ship like the defender, with fewer actions.

3. Tirth2_

I use Cannon and Blast Cannon on my speeder. short reload often helps on critical moments.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

Perhaps. I have certainly had moments where I would trade all my weapons for a common cannon, because I desperately need that last shot to win a 1v1. However, to even get to those moments, you need to have already done a good amount of damage. I don’t want to have to hang around pinging people with a cannon when I can obliterate them in two powerful hits. For critical moments, there is always Tesla Bolt.

The Afenogaster likes this.
  5. Tirth2_

I agree!

6. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

Is that the base damage or the current damage per shot influenced by your crew training? I swear the exploding has a higher damage per shot.

7. Tirth2_

The second table shows the damage done by each cannon in that specific time. The Damage was calculated according to level 1 cards of each cannon with any influence of crew training on any of them.
    Plus, Blast Cannon has the max damage per shot, at least according to the stats shown. :)

8. Tirth2_

I agree with your point. But, by the time you hit a couple of high damage shots, I would have already pulled four shot from the basic cannon with equivalent damage and higher accuracy. Plus if you miss a shot you have to wait for a while and that miss would cost you some serious damage, whereas in cannon if I miss one by the time I realize that I missed the weapon would have already reloaded. :)

9. ViscountSniffit

Well, in the case of the speeder, what I mean is that I have two guns. So it takes no time at all to land those two shots, because they’re already primed. So the only delay is the global cycle (which is around two seconds). The cannon can’t shoot any faster than that, so it’s much weaker for those first two shots.

Two seconds after the 2nd shot, my yellow items are ready to use. Your first cannon should be almost ready to fire again now, but I think I have a slight edge. I use Tesla Bolt, and cooldown isn’t an issue.

Of course, you also have yellow items. So maybe you use Nitro and manage to boost out of the way. But now you have to wait for another two seconds while the global cooldown cycles again. Even with lightning reflexes, it’s now been (at least) six seconds since your first shot, and you’ll probably waste a few more re-aiming, and waiting for your turret after the Nitro, especially since I can also use a Nitro.

So I’m already ahead on damage, and by the time you get your next shot, 8-9 seconds could easily have passed, which is really going to eat into your DPS. That’s why I don’t think the cannon is a good fit on ships with a lot of other actions. You only get to take advantage of the higher DPS if you’re continuously shooting it. If you have to pause to use yellows (etc...), then the DPS starts to drop quite considerably relative to big hitters like the Blast Cannon.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2017
    Spinners71 and Tirth2_ like this.
  10. Tirth2_

Well said buddy. This actually happens most of the time and hence I do agree with your point here.
    But, when surrounded by enemies (and you know yellow boosts won't do much good) cannon proves to be the beast when hitting enemies just before dying for those extra hits.

11. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

For most ships mk4+, you have enough weapons/yellows to make cooldown nearly inconsequential.
    I see regular cannon being best on Defender (who has fewest press-able buttons), or Fixer in situations where they don't have anything to heal.
    For the other 3 ships, they have enough items to rotate through to greatly reduce the importance of cooldown.
    For mk1 or mk2? Yes, regular cannon is outstanding.

Tirth2_ likes this.
  12. Tirth2_

absolutely

13. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

u forgot about the talent, with talent it should be cannon and ex cannon do the most dps, that is include perks. and flare gun effect

14. Tirth2_

I had in mind talent and perks and everything, I just wanted to make a guide on who does the most base damage. :)

15. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

My thoughts exactly. Is why I use canon and explosive canon on my speeder.

Tirth2_ likes this.
  16. SerenitySpacer

SerenitySpacer New Member

Good analysis, but the perks and training allow for fine-tuning. I run sniper on my Enforcer because of the range and accuracy combined with a reasonable reload time. With perks and training, the crit chance can be high enough to boost the damage output significantly.

17. Tirth2_

Yes! I was thinking about editing this guide with perks and training time included. Right now, I a working on something big(ofc for the community)! Let's see if I get time. :)

18. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Fast reload weapon is the best weapon to suck hp bit by bit till zero hp.

Combo it with high alpha weapon and its a match in heavon.

I use rare canon on my fixer and its the best weapon for selfish type fixer.

Just watch my mk5 video.