1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still unbalanced and Seal Clubbers in the event, every week.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 17 Aug 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Tonight I got some screenshots from family and friends. And still there is unbalance in the event. For example so,eone with 8000 battles, picks his or her mk1 Defender fits two weapons, an epic t2 standard cannon and a t3 rare cannon. And he/she has to fight players who fought 5 battles with a mk1 and 80 damage weapons.

Guess who is going to win?

So, still it is possible to manipulate the system, ist leave your blue or yellow slots open and that is how you fight the weakest of the weak, the newbies with 40 to 80 damage weapons and who just started playing.

Not really fair, is it?

Regards,
    Flint

P.S. screenshots follow

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

•Copy pasted my reply from another thread•

The solution is so simple, just look at the symptoms. What do sealclubbers run mostly? Strong weapons, weak other items, weak ship mks. So just simply drop the gearscore value of every other item besides weapons, and drop gs from ship mks too, repeat till sealclubbers are non-existant. It's that easy.
    Increase the weight of captain levels on the overall power level. Infamy should be left out of the equation, so players can legitimately use different items and playstyles in events.

Let me give you an example:
    • Newbie has 1,000 gearscore for his weapons + 1,000 gearscore for his remaining items
    • Sealclubber has 1,700 gearscore for his weapons + 300 gearscore for his remaining items
    > They are both matched together, and newbie suffers because every support item class has the same gearscore as weapons, but in reality weapons always far outperform support items.

After reduction of gearscore for non-weaponry (by 1/3):
    • Newbie has 1,000 gearscore for his weapons + 333 gearscore for his remaining items
    • Sealclubber has 1,700 gearscore for his weapons + 100 gearscore for his remaining items
    > Sealclubber has an excess of 467 gearscore and thus won't be matched with newbie.

Nam_Nam and Flint like this.
  3. Stig

Stig Member

I think the problem is not as simple as people might think. I do have an idea though.

Why is a captain level 48 even allowed to run a mk 1 at all? I love the idea of being able to run ships that you haven't upgraded, but there's a point where it's just ridiculous. It cost next to nothing to upgrade Mark 1 to mark 2 and Mark 3..

if you have a Mark 7 ship and you were using a Mark 1 ship in events, you are not just trying other ships. You are intentionally manipulating the system.

I think you should only be able to use a ship two levels below your maximum ship level. That means captain level 40 can use mk 4, 5, and 6. Captain level 48 can only use mk 5, 6, and 7. That's totally fair. If you are captain level 48, it's really not difficult to get all of your ships mk 5 and above.

There's no excuse for people intentionally keeping mk level low to run events. Yes it makes sense for someone that has a max boat level of mk 3 to run a mk 1 boat. Even then, that's pushing it. But vecertain anyone that has a mk 4 boat shouldn't be able to use the mk 1. That's ridiculous. It's not because they can't afford it. They're just manipulating the system and there's no good reason to allow that

Nam_Nam, TVNPryde, Spinners71 and 2 others like this.
  4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

If you couldn't imagine how to game that system, you didn't even try...

5. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

I wonder when Devs gonna realize this kind of matching will kill the game in near future. Is Rovio planning to stop servicing Battle Bay in less than a year? :eek:

6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here the left team is quite a bit stronger, which is due to people using weak boats and leaving blue or yellow slots open to manipulate the system.

Screenshot_2018-08-18-22-15-23.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Even legendary weapons in a battle with mk3s

5vs5.jpg 5vs5b.jpg

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

In many cases the Unfriends have all rares and epics, whule the Friends had players with commons or uncommons.

Screenshot_2018-08-17-21-31-27.jpg Screenshot_2018-08-17-22-19-23.jpg Screenshot_2018-08-18-20-04-48b.jpg Screenshot_2018-08-17-21-46-49.jpg Screenshot_2018-08-17-21-54-15.jpg

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Btw these were not my battles, but some accounts from family and friends.

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

@Flint good job on continuing to gather evidence. Hope your continued efforts allow the Devs to close the loopholes.

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thank you for your positive comment, it is much appreciated!

It is the new players who suffer the most from these Seal Clubbers and that is worrying, because there is a chance they will leave the game pre-maturely because of these SC who ruin the chance of a fair fight altogether.

So, Rovio might well be losing players (their customers) because others still think it is all right to fool the system.

14. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Wtf I posted the same threads -_-
    They remove my Screen shots and everything :confused: