1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

splash DMG

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kurdish bndo, 17 Jan 2018.

?

i dont know but i say

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

i can never know bcuz it is splash Damage

i would love to know

if i hitted a ship with ex cannon ((i had some talent and perks to increase damage for burning target ):) but the target isnt on fire
    but the splash Damage hit another near ship that is on fire ,
    will that DMG for burning target counted?

2. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

Im almost shure that he gets regular damage as your target isnt on fire... so your shoot is not boosted... so projectiles or explosion wave will/should not get stronger.. :)

But it is realy a GOOD question :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    No, sadly splash dmg doesnt get a boost unless the other ship is also on fire. Critical hits don't splash either. (I know because I got splash on three people with ExC, but it only did crit dmg on the original target)

LimeOnMars likes this.
  4. kurdish bndo

if the targetted ship is on fire and the splash Damage hit a near ship that isnt on fire will it be increased for the near ship?

5. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

The other guy answered to your question in his post..
    He said that he hited 3 ships with a single shot and only main target gets dmg boost.. and not the surounding ships... :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. kurdish bndo

he meant crit not splash damage
    even for splash damage maybe it got increased but it is splash damage,

for example : if i shooted my ex cannon that deal 1k damage (+150 for burning target) and a near burning ship
    got 500 splash damage (+50)
    or
    got 550 splash damage.
    that why i added that poll
    btw thanks for both of you, iam now pretty sure it isnt but still need a dev answer

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Say your Explosive cannon does 100 damage (for ease of calculation) and 130 on a burning ship. (Splash dmg does 75%)
    You shoot a burning ship and it splashes onto another burning ship and a normal ship.
    The splash damage on the burning ship will be 97.5, and the splash on the non-burning ship will be 75.
    Your Explosive cannon does 1k damage (+150 for burning target) splash on a burning target will be 873.5 and splash on a non-burning target will be 750.
    This is my theory,
    but the patch notes say...
    So... yeah. ;)

kurdish bndo likes this.