1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder weapons

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by FALCO, 5 Sep 2017.

1. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Hello i recently upgraded my speeder to mk 4 cuz everyone said it was fun to play so what are the best weapons for speeder im using standard cannon and sniper cuz those were the only ones i had upgraded when i played as enforcer mk 4
    The main startegies ive seen are blast cannon big torpedo or like orpheus sniper and explosive canon

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Depends which weapons you have and how you play. Alot of people go the frost blaster big torp route, freeze then deal big damage often their second weapon is a cannon but I've seen grenades too, getting froze then hit with a big torp then a quick grenade means you're almost done for.

Some people use cannons like blast or explosive and Tesla bolt. So you deal a huge blow then zap with Tesla bolt so they can't return fire and speed away or let your cannon cool down for another blow.

I've seen a few use carronade, which seems useless but at point blank range does major damage.

I use two mortars, which I've never seen anyone else use on speeder. Speeder allows me to position myself to deal mortars from afar and speed away to reposition if approached by a fleet, often people don't even see me as I flank them from behind. Screenshot_2017-09-05-07-41-36.png

Last edited: 8 Sep 2017
    _devill and The Otherguy like this.
  3. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Never thought of mortar interesting

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Also with a speeder you want to make sure you utilize your yellow and blue spots appropriately. At MK 4 I used overboost and turbo for yellow and turbo and bandage in blue. This let me really speed around and get behind my unfriendliness to hit with my big torpedo and gernade. I would have used blast cannon but RNG does not want me to have that weapon.

Once you get to MK5 you can add a frost or Tessa bolt. I recommend Tessa bolt as it is more reliable to hit then frost blaster and can allow you to escape quickly.

5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    You have my setup exactly. Except I use tesla bolt instead of OB.

6. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I am at MK5 now so I use tesla, OB, and Nitro. I tried frost blaster but definatly like the tesla bolt better.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think the Nitro is worth it on a speeder. With my off the shelf t1 rare overboost and turbo, I'm fast enough to clear blast areas, even from a standing start. And for avoiding other weapons the Tesla Shield gives you a much longer period of protection without having to perfectly time a jump. For mobility, overboost wins hands down.

I'm not saying it's all bad, but I think there are better options for that yellow slot.

8. BasedCarpen

I'm mk4 speeder which has 3 yellow slots for 2 items
    I have a t3 rare turbo, t3 rare overboost and t1 rare nitro all maxed with some perks and crew training bonus.
    I tried to play around with frost blaster because I use mortars but the lack of a second boost really puts me in trouble. It's most important for me not to get hit and find spots I can fire from safely

_devill likes this.
  9. curseDDestiny

curseDDestiny Member

I think canons offer way more reliable damage than torps. Something like explosive cannon + sniper/flare gun is great. I prefer the sniper since you can snipe from far when you are low on health, thus allowing you to contribute rather than just sit and hide

10. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

I love how i posted this thread to talk about red items and everyone is talking about yellows
    Doesnt matter i got the answer i needed

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Here is the biggest thing. The speeder is a really fun boat to run mainly because you don't just camp and fire. You can load it up with multiple weapons and builds and have a lot of fun in the game. I personally was getting really frustrated as a shooter and I switched to the speeder and had a ton of fun. I run torpedo because I lucked into 3 epic big torpedos. If you have a big epic you can level it will work great on a speeder. Have fun sprinting around the bay while all those shooters sit still and wait for you to hit them.

12. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Genki gamer did a video on that where he covered every good weapons for speeder check that out it might help

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Grenade Launcher + Standard Cannon is a great choice if you're fast enough to avoid damage and focus on weakened targets. I loved that setup with an OB and Tesla Shield, as an MK4 Speeder. Grenade is so fun to use and does great damage.

14. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

That is a really risky setup on a speeder. Might be difficult to take out any unfriend speeders in 1v1. No cannons for me is like no weapons. I'm not good with mortars or torps. Trying to work with a torp but it's really tough to actually connect. I usually end up targeting some unfriend and hitting some poor soul who wasn't even in my view. Whatever works I guess.:D

15. BasedCarpen

1v1 against speeder I almost always lose unless I catch them from afar,
    1v1 vs shooter or defender I usually win with enough time even if they have much more health, I stay far away and lead mortars, they're slow.
    Enforcers can be tricky if played by an experienced person, they move differently and are dodgy.

I play entirely different than a traditional speeder, it has worked so far, I'm almost in Ace league in a mk4, very rarely see another mk4 there.

_devill and Disguised like this.
  16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I always wanted to try Napalm+blast cannon, but never really got a good napalm.

17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    And the fire crit chance! :confused::eek:;)
    (Shh)

18. BasedCarpen

I have three epic grenades and two epic standard cannons, ugh maybe I should try them out after I full upgrade and evolve them

19. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

I have couple of blast cannons on my mk4 speeder with OB and nitro. With this setup i usually have to wait for my chance to get in close range with unfriendlies. Afyer you are in range - Hit em, run away (or revolve around em if 1v1), wait for reload, hit em hard again. Very simple, eh?

_devill likes this.