1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder Top Speed Capped?!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by l3lacknight1, 28 Nov 2017.

1. l3lacknight1

l3lacknight1 New Member

So, my main ship is a defender mk5 but I have a speeder mk2.... Well now it's mk3 but let me explain what I discovered.

With my mk2 speeder it's speed with nothing equipped was 1.29.. Once I equipped my 58% turbo it went to 1.54 and the number was green. I never use speeder but in lieu of guild quests I'd figured I'd try to help. In the past when I first started playing the game I noticed that for every ship everything decreases when you upgrade, even speed for a speeder... I told myself I'll never upgrade my speeder and although I may be at disadvantages in certain areas I should surely be faster than an mk5 that had its' base speed nerfed with every upgrade. I'm sure you can imagine my surprise to see my mk2 only increase .25 points when i have a 58% turbo equipped. I talk to a guildmate of mine. His base speed is 1.04 and with his 50% turbo he goes to 1.46.

I decided to upgrade my mk2 to mk3 and magically my speed went from 1.54 to 1.61 even though my base speed dropped from 1.29 to 1.11. What?! Why?! It's clear now that top speed probably increases with upgrades which is SORTA understandable... However, this should be made obvious. What is the cap for each upgrade..? for each ship? I believe the devs should make it obvious what the max is for things that can be maxed out... Either list it as a fraction or make it so that clicking on the attributes tells you not just the description but the max as well.

I was so looking forward to having an mk2 speeder running laps around mk5 speeders... Even if it only took one or two shots to take me out.

2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Tap the speed number on the stat thing it will show you max

The Otherguy and Ultrah like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ayy, mk5 speeders go up to 1.7! They're crazy fast with the right gear. I have a t3 epic turbo, but no good perks. So I get 1.53 speed xD

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

5. l3lacknight1

l3lacknight1 New Member

I can't believe I said they should make it so you can tap the attribute and it show you the max... You practically said, "Tap the attribute, it'll show you the max.". Never tapped any of them lol. They are actually very informative.:D

6. l3lacknight1

l3lacknight1 New Member

So the max speed, is that the fastest it can go period? Even if you use overboost or nitro? Or is that just the fastest it can go with turbo?

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Just with turbo. OB and nitro can go waaaaay over.

l3lacknight1 likes this.
  8. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    To be fair, I only looked at the first few sentences :D:p

l3lacknight1 likes this.