1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder needs more red slots

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 19 Feb 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    The speeder class is fast, and is sometimes used for kamikaze attacks. However, one problem: you can only fit 2 weapons in the thing. What's the point of going Kamikaze if you don't got any weapons?

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

And everything is on cooldown these days tesla bolt is no longer viable to wait and reload weapons as it breaks by 1 shot has forever stun immunity and cool down equal to a 2 slot weapon.

Crashedup likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    nah 2 slots is fine

4. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

The point of a kamikaze attack is to take out a weak unfriend or a high priority target like fixer, to give your team an advantage. Kamikaze strategy requires stealth, accuracy and an understanding of the battle situation. Adding to this having a good knowledge about your weapons also helps. As a speeder you have to make sure the target goes down in 2 to 3 shots at most which can be achieved with 2 weapons. Usually speeders run with burst damage weapons or combo so they can take out an unfriend and escape. If you want 3 weapons go with an enfo. :)

Hokuse likes this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Cool down also makes things a problem, but imagine if there was no cooldown. Also how to make new thread

6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The nerf to bolt has made dual TS enfo op. You first take down 1 TS by bolt then will insta activate next TS and then flare blast blast speeder dead. If you shoot first then if it breaks then stun and execute combo still you get hit with flare dual blast.
    Bolt's cooldown should reduce when speeder gets hit by 7sec allowing to again stun and run.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2018
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The situation you describe is definitely not the case in non-nightmare leagues. TS shields at those lower levels break too easily. As a long time lower level enforcer, I can’t run dual TS (as shields not strong enough), so I run TS + TB. Enforcer does not feel OP down here. Speeders are still very effective down here.
    Even at high levels, surely the only way that dual TS can be OP is if players have focused heavily on point damage weapons. (In a game of rock, paper, scissors - TS would beat cannons (that has always been inherent in their design), but have their own weaknesses). Watching YSLs latest video, they are having success with a combo of blast cannon, mines and grenade on enforcer which is effective against other enforcers.

8. Super Speeder 0

Super Speeder 0 Member

i need mor red

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Of course. I also want all the ships and items I use myself, buffed greatly. Please 6th red slot and 4th blue slot to shooter - and hey, maybe we could also have new yellow slot to shooter too? And also buff sniper, railgun, missiles, fire bomb and swift torpedo because they are the weapons I use and they must be too weak in current game because I still haven't been able to reach top 10 after thousands of battles with this setup!

#SarcasmEndsHere.

On a serious note it's funny to see everyone asking buff to their own ship always. By meta analysis from the past top 50 nighmare ships it's pretty clear that defender (and maybe fixer) are the only ships that need a buff currently. I'm not calling nerf to any other ships tho. No one really likes their own stuff nerfed so buffing the weak parts of the game would be the way to go. And in this case, it's mostly defender that needs a buff, not speeder.

A55A51N and FearsomeChicken like this.
  10. Earel

Earel Active Member

Yes , speeder need at least 4 weapon and mb 1 edition y yellow weight slot and mb 2 blue slots for sure, be the quickest and immortal boat in bay.
    5 speeder vs 5 speeder , rovio why u create so many unused boats((

11. Cozytrendsetter

Cozytrendsetter Member

Speeder should have 2 slots for everything.2 rr 2yy 2bb

12. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Mk4 has 2 slots for everything. :p

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder deserves 100 slots!!!

Jk it doesn't need any slot change, and I say this as a speeder main(almost).

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Actually, that’s the most ridiculous part about the Tesla Bolt nerf. People bang on about Tesla Bolt being OP, and I certainly feel it was an essential part of my build, BUT...

I would have dropped it in a heartbeat for an extra Blast Cannon. I would have thrown it straight in the scrap, and never looked back, if I could replace it with a Blast/Sniper.

Why nerf Tesla Bolt when practically every other ship can take an extra gun instead (which actually does damage). So stupid.

yellow flash and Shadow Moon! like this.
  15. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I'm a Speeder and I don't agree with this. It will make the Speeder the clear cut best boat.

16. RagingStorm

RagingStorm New Member

Imagine that! It would be in a meta by itself, top 50 would be all banana ‍♂️.

17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Why don't we also give it a green slot so it can also heal itself after a kamikaze attack? Totally not biased suggestion.

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  18. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

The better question is why do you have problems successfully executing a kamikaze with your current 2 gun tubes? I pretty much assume that if I'm willing to die in the effort then my chosen target is going down. Just like in real life scenarios, it is really hard to stop someone who literally has nothing to lose. There is the matter of timing and execution though.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

You wouldnt feel this way if enforcers were slower.

Right now enforcers are speeders with 3 weapons slots. And 2 tesla shields. Op compared to speeders since last 2 updates. Developers have even told me Enforcer is the best boat. By far.

I am against giving speeders 3 red slots.
    But am not against speeders getting faster.

And enforcers slowing down

20. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Agreed, Speeder and Enforcer are too similar to each other right now, and a speed adjustment like you described would do that pretty well.