1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder mk.3 help?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SeannyLong, 16 May 2017.

1. SeannyLong

SeannyLong New Member

After playing this game for a week, I finally leveled up high enough to purchase a Speeder mk.3. It's been relatively fun and my infamy climb has been steady, but I really don't know what role I should be playing in matches or what type of setups I should be using.

My gear is relatively crap. I have 4 level 10 Rares (cannon, grenade, napalm, and carronade) and 3 level 10 Uncommons (bandage, overboost, nitro). At the infamy range I'm at now, these items seem subpar as the majority of players are equipped with Rares/Epics that are 10+ levels or higher.

Right now my setup consists of:
    -Cannon
    -Grenade
    -Overboost
    -Nitro
    -Bandage

It does okay but falls short against teams with Long Range Mortars and Sniper Cannons: making it hard to close the distance. For these instances, should I opt for a less aggressive build? Perhaps running more of a hit-and-run support style with Napalm or a speedy long range attacker with dual Sniper Cannons? What type of setups have you Speeder players been successful with? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited: 16 May 2017
  2. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Out of curiousity, what infamy range are you at right now? Also, are those the only 4 rares that you have? As a speeder you should not be getting hit by long range mortars and even sniper cannons are hard to hit from far away. If you do find yourself taking damage from those weapons, then try circling around them from the outside of the map with a turbo or something. You could consider using a carronade, it seems rather good especially if you can get some of the captain perks.

3. XxAGENTSHAWxX

XxAGENTSHAWxX New Member

Maybe try exchanging bandage with turbo as it will allow you to dodge those pesky long-range mortars. Also, try using your nitro when u are targeted by those mortars.
    Try using a flare gun as you can escape while they take damage. With grenade, while a powerful weapon, it is very close range making it hard to use and launch while dodging shot (for me anyways). Just my opinion!

4. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

(Im a mk5 speeder and have been in your situation in the past)

Your idea of double sniper cannon with your current setup will definitely work, i remember i tried running 2 rare snipes and that allowed me to get 2k infamy easily

But if you choose to stick with the aggressive play style, theres a couple of things u can do to be more effective:

Have good awareness of the map and stay clear from clusters of enemy.

Flank the enemy and attack from behind (not facing you), you must make use of your turn time against shooters and defenders (sometimes this means running through them)

Move fast (turbo), and swerve side to side (makes them miss)

Dont try to kill all at once unless you can, hurt them (grenade + cannon) then run and heal up(baandage) and reposition then repeat

XxAGENTSHAWxX likes this.