1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder Help

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Knight, 30 Dec 2017.

1. Knight

Knight Member

I'm a MK6 Speeder and I got tier4 rare explosive cannon, tier4 rare flare gun, tier 2 epic OB, tier2 epic nitro, tier 4 epic tesla bolt, tier4 epic tesla shield, tier3 epic bandage, tier 4 rare big shield, tier 4 rare turbo. But I'm stuck in 3200-3300+ infamy, not reaching. 3400. I also got tier 3 epic carro and tier 4 Blast cannon. Please help me to have good skills and strategy with my items. My items are useless cause i don't have enough skills.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Do you run assault or area control or assassin?

3. Knight

Knight Member

I usually flank at the start of the game then run then I will wait till someone from the enemy side get lost to his teammates and he will be my target. But unfortunately his teammates will notice me quickly so I get a lot of damage before I can run. Sometimes I'm hit and run.

4. TheAntiSnipe

So, assassin. Good.
    1.Are you a dead shot with the excannon?

2.Can you shield effectively?

3.Are you more of a momentary dodger or do you like gradual speed more?

4.Do you have perfect aim and positioning in general, and how would you, on a scale of 1 to 10, rate your aim and your positioning?

Tell me where you think you lack. I'll recommend a good coach if I know one.

5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Do you want me to post my long essay guide on how to play speeder and give you some pointers on weapons?

Ok

Snapshot likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

It's an older essay, but it checls out...

And...
    Ok
    LOL, please post that essay

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    85CB0485-FEB1-40C6-8C44-4B60B1B3443D.jpeg 626E9EC8-02E6-4E88-865E-BB4A97035BCB.jpeg

Ok - Enjoy :)

The Afenogaster and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Knight

Knight Member

1. Sometimes
    2. Not really, when i turn on my tesla shield just 2 hits its broken
    3. I like gradual speed
    4. I would rate my aiming to be by 7 and my positioning by 5.

I think I lack in dodging shots and agility. Like when I need to stop because I see a mine, it's hard for me to turn my ship backwards and so i become a target of the enemy team though i did not hit the mines I'm still dead.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2017
    The Afenogaster likes this.
  9. Knight

Knight Member

10. Knight

Knight Member

When I'm still at mk5 I've reached my highest infamy which is 3700+ but when I'm now at mk6 it turns out that I can't go higher.

11. TheAntiSnipe

If you cannot shield very well,
    A] Don't use it
    B] Use it as utility(shielding a fixer or something like that)

If you don't use a shield, please be aware that you are not harnessing the full capability of the mk6. But that's better than using it and failing, since youre wasting the slot.

12. Knight

Knight Member

My tesla shield have 1050 hp, can you teach me how to use it properly.

13. TheAntiSnipe

It's mostly to do with practice, but here's a few things I picked up:

1. Tesla shields are an emergency form of shielding for speeders. In NM, very few(if any) players will try to break a tesla shield, so mostly, don't invest in health, but in duration.

2. Most people make one mistake: They shield when the shot is evadable. This problem comes from the fact that they lack nitro, which allows for quicker evasion. Note that I'm Ace 2, and my experience is from killing mk6s I run into in this league, so it does not apply to the better mk6s.

3. Another pointer I picked up: Use shield only after you trigger overboost. The boost stays even after you get shot and stunned.

4. KNOW YOUR ENEMY. If the enemy is shooting you with a cannon, the tesla shield is useless, because it isn't used to tank light weapons. Sure you can do it, but please prioritize who has better burst damage rather than the person with damage that can whittle you down over time. Remember, you are an assault/assassin, std cannons are okay, t5 epic sniper cannons, not so much. Your bandage will heal you over time, so being out of combat for about 15-20 seconds with a 100 bandage will heal you from a bullet fired from a lege lv10 standard cannon. The bandage, however, cannot heal you from being shot from a lv50 epic excannon, which is titanic damage. Be wise with your tesla.

5. Be agile. You need to be faster than 1.65 to properly utilize the combo. Why? You'll be running it OB+shield+stun. Which leaves no room for rapid nitro evades, which means you'll have to use two strats that I know of:
    A] Going over waves at full speed: Saves you from being backshot by excannons and sniper cannons, and throws off aims.
    B] Stutterstep: Something new I was working on, stutterstep is using the 90° "drift" move for a millisecond or so, to throw off leaded shots.
    Now, both of these strats need a good OB and a good turbo.

Tell me if you need more ideas

14. Knight

Knight Member

I only have 1.59 speed. Don't have any epic turbo. It works for me in some battles, But sometimes not. And my OB is not that fast.

15. Knight

Knight Member

How stutterstep is done by the way?

16. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

yeah.

17. TheAntiSnipe

I'm really sorry, I actually forgot to say more. It's basically an enfo dance without the reverse component. You guys, I assume, are speeders who have noticed the problem of speeder's motion without yellows: It's BINARY. You move forward, or you stop almost completely. I found a little leeway there.

Stutterstep:
    Step 1: Use OB. Imagine someone trying to shoot you with a leaded shot.

Step 2: As soon as you think they're gonna fire, or your little "speeder sense" tingles(lol I know you two have some speeder sense), do this exactly. Turn sideways for an imperceptible time interval. It won't decelerate you as much as it would do to you under normal conditions, but it'll give you a little "drift". OB gives a ship some speed even at zero throttle. At full speed, the drift puts you two-three units sideways. WITHOUT ACTUALLY CHANGING YOUR BEARING.

Step 3: Enjoy your free evade, while not risking getting shot when you "reversed throttles", had you used traditional evade.

Spamming the throttle right and left also makes you a smaller bogey for torps. It also increases the chance that an excannon will be "extinguished". Also, since doing this reminds me of the game Vainglory, where you oppose directions and juke it. Thus the name, "stutterstep". I hope to make a video soon.

Warning: It only works at midrange, where the enemy will lead by experience, not just sight.

Oh, and note: Sideways is your total 90° right/left.

P.p.s: Another cool thing: You can emulate gearlube by turning your ship WHILE jerking your camera at an extreme angle. You'll get 60° or so of turnspeed. Something high, I don't know. What I do know is, I can lead a flickshot on an enfo using that.

18. Knight

Knight Member

This gonna be needing a lot of practice Thanks by the way☺

19. TheAntiSnipe

I found this in a hurry, when I had to dodge a torp, a snipeshot and an ex bullet at the same time when my nitro was on cooldown. Good luck

20. Knight

Knight Member

Can you tell me how can I properly position my boat? I'm also having a hard time knowing this thing.