1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed limits

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ToddTHY, 5 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

I'm thinking whether we should increase the speed limits for the ships slightly, around 0.1~0.05? Because after the new update, turbos can be further evolved to give better performance, yet the current speed limits for most ships now can be achieved by only a t4 epic turbo with good perks and good crew talents. Therefore, further development of a turbo seems meaningless for higher level players now, shouldn't we give a little more space for the better turbos to show their true power?^_^ @Miika

Last edited: 5 May 2017
    mammoth1946 and P0rthos like this.
  2. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

it should be increased by a little because i faced a hacker today he was using a speed hack and we took him out easily so not much speed just increase it by 30 percent

3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Conceptually I have nothing against it. The main issue is that the higher the maximum speed is the worst issues players are going to have with network lag, because they can move so much in the time it takes packets to travel over the internet.

4. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

While, my opinion is that if the lag is due to the bad internet connection players have, then it is not the game's issue. And if it's a systematic lag, then we should try to minimize it. Lags should not be an obstacle of slightly increasing the speed limits^_^. @Miika

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Limiting the maximum speeds to ranges which mobile networks can hande is one of our ways to minimize the effects of lag.

6. peaceful monkey

i know but its too slow so slow its just not fun sometimes and the amps are huge which i like so please increase the speed you shouldn't play an online game if you dont have atleast 500kbps internet

7. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Huh, yeah. It makes sense.

8. peaceful monkey

it does player will lag less if its not that fast paced

Kakol1987 likes this.
  9. Memorize

Memorize Member

This can give speeder a bit more benefit, don't you think speeder already too fast and furious. If you want to give all ships little more speed it's okay, but you need to give turret speed up as well to be fair.
    Top 10 players 7/10 of them using speeder don't you think what's going to happen if they having more speed.

Last edited: 6 May 2017
    TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  10. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

True! I didn't think this way before. Yes, more speed limits should be accompanied by better turret agility.

11. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

And by better ship agility too. If turrets turn faster, shouldn't ships aswell?

peaceful monkey likes this.
  12. peaceful monkey

all ships should move faster so the ratio stays the same so speeders dont get an advantage or disadvantage we just want it because maps are really big and ships are very slow

13. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Limit lag and AFKs by setting a minimum required ping speed, or I suppose it would be more correct to say a maximum allowed ping time. Anyone over the limit would get a pop up message to relocate to an area with better internet.

14. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

I don't think it's necessary.