1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

soon shooter mk4 - help on weapons for better infamy

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ExenBär, 1 Jul 2017.

1. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

Hi Battle Bay-ers ;)
    I'm soon about to get mk4 on my shooter and I need your help to choose the right weapons as I seem to be stuck on infamy lvl 500-650. I don't have the feeling that I just play shitty - I guess the right weapons could make a difference ;)
    So please help me with your suggestions about what I should play.
    I've recently found out that big torpedo is really effective and I'm about to skill it up - earlier in mk3 I used a blue canon and a blue blast cannon (really like the damage on bc) in combination with a green standard mortar but I also leveld up a blue sniper cannon and just got a purple granate launcher - so now I'm really not sure about how I should go on now, as for example using sniper canon AND blast cannon doesn't seem clever to me due to the skill difference (either skill sc OR bc). Also I have my bc already mk2 and another bc to soon get mk3 (skill already finished for mk3) and only one sc mk1 lvl10 without a second one). There are just too many options, so thanks a lot for your help guys :)

Attached Files:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One thing I learned is that, at mk4, one tends to go for 2 slot weapons without regard to their forté. Quad snipe wastes a lot of slot points. But by God, you don't wanna get ripped apart by four ravening Sniper cannons. So, don't look at the slots you waste when choosing weapons. How this helped.

3. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

Hi :) thx 4 ur reply - if i get u right u say that I shouldn't use too many 2slot weapons and that sniper canon is good for distance fight but shit when it comes to damage. I have the same feeling - also canon (standard) can fire quicker on same dmg...
    but still I dont want to miss the big torpedo anymore ;)

4. TheAntiSnipe

I looove irritating the enemy team with a variety of weapons. Napalm, firebomb, Sniper Cannon and swift torp. Hurts bad. Trust me. You can flush people out with napalm, then wail on them with sheer deck variety. Also, I may use napalm+firebomb+long range mortar+ Sniper Cannon to confuse them.

5. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

that sure sounds great but yet i dont have any of these weapons except sniper cannon. I'm already hoping since a while for a napalm or firebomb drop - or at least a big berta but no luck by now ^^
    as my only epic weapon is the granate launcher it would kinda hurt not using it at all but the low range of it makes me think about not investing to much time an material for it - u agree?
    still a recommendation for my actual set up would be highly appreciated - thanks mate :)

6. TheAntiSnipe

Definately, a 'nade launcher is useless af for a shooter. Might work well on speeder if you know how to use it. I don't, personally, even though I can use it. I have a great speeder setup. Well, screenshot your inventory for me please

7. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

thats what i thought ;) thanks
    inventory was posted in first post but sure here it comes again :) thanks for ur help

Attached Files:

8. TheAntiSnipe

Blast+ snipe+ Cannon+ mortar paired with turbo+ big shield(?) would do nicely. That said, I'll be posting my inventory soon as well.

9. TheAntiSnipe

There u go, I'm not too good tho;-) allrounder player Screenshot_2017-07-01-18-51-15-653_com.rovio.battlebay.png

10. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

nice set up sure fun to play with that speeder ;)
    not sure about combining snipe and blast as skilling is either for blast or snipe - dont u think so too? nd i sure like that big torpedo i have as dmg is really good if u learn how ships move (especially slower ones get easy to hit).
    anyway thanks a lot for ur tips - will defenitly try it out ;)

11. stlrunner

stlrunner New Member

Here's my mk4 setup. I am better with mortars and like the damage they offer. I haven't gotten good with torpedoes yet. So the sniper is my up close weapon that I'll keep in reserve. The LR mortar is what I lead off with and as I advance I rip off the Std. And Big B mortars. By then the LR reloads and I start over. I have also played with two snipers and two std canons. The reloads on the canons make them very lethal if you can stand the heat of being in close. Really its best to figure out what your favorite weapons are and load them up, and poor your parts into them early and often to level them up.

Attached Files:

12. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

If you are willing to take the long game, I would focus on NOT ranking up quickly, and gathering item pieces form the shops. If you are patient (and active), you can gain a lot of rares in a decent amount of time, depending on your standards.

Personally, I'm the happiest right now with double mortars+cannon+big torpedo. Shooters are supposed to be in the back, so the cannon is for when enemies come to me. However, this is in large part because I spent a bunch of time collecting items, even epic ones, and both my mortars are epic, if low level. :p

Your playstyle might work better with a different setup. Either way, I would strongly advise against having more than 1 short range weapon. Shooters are long range artillery. So with your setup, I would set the cannon and ballpark mortar on, while taking the blast cannon off. Blast cannons won't shoot over walls. Mortars do alright damage from a distance, and both them and torpedoes are very good in team fights, once you get better at positioning.

Replace your bandage with a turbo. Way too easy to take damage without it.

You want to be able to cycle between three of your items relatively quickly. Don't make all of your items high-risk, high reward, or you will have really unpredictable and inconsistent results. The cooldowns are too punishing if you miss.

ExenBär likes this.
  13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Add sniper. She is bae

14. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    I'd gladly take that epic napalm off ur hands :p

More on topic now, for yoir loadout you will want to have a range of weapons: point weapons, AOE weapons, long-range, short-range, etc. So that you dont have a single weakness or strength. Just my 2 cents

ExenBär and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Im sorry sir, but no. Shooter is the damage dealer, he should be up in the heat of battle dishing huge amounts of punishment to the enemy, not peaking behind a rock taking pot-shots.

16. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I don't suppose you can quote for me, the part of my previous post in which I said people should cower behind walls? Which does work if the opponents don't reach you, and you have several weapons that will actually hit opponents. What I said is that having some mortars allows you to shoot over walls. Which allows you to damage opponents without mortars quite easily on certain maps.

It would also be nice, if you could tell me what part of the shooter ensures its survivability in the face of the enemy. Hint: there isn't anything.

The shooter is a damage dealer. It belongs in the mid-backlines, not on the front. That would be stupid.

Of course, if you meant that a shooter should be actively participating in a battle, that is a given.

ExenBär likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Shooters go mid range. Not out there, not hanging back. Thats the way to play. Shooters don't zip around at full speed. They are what I like to call, "Glass Cannons".

Epekka likes this.
  18. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

thanks a lot for all ur input here - really have the feeling that i have a clearer picture now :)
    and as soon as mk4 i guess i'll try first a combo of big torpedo, two mortar (as i also really like them to play) in combination with either a snipe or a blast (for offering dmg also when someone is really close - cause then both mortar and torpedo are shit - especially against a speeder).
    I will then also try out to have something for the closer range - but i guess that will be then my enforcer when i make it mk4 - I'll go for speed anf shield with him and will try a canon+blast+mortar as i really liked that combo in early shooter mk3 (it offered good dmg on midrange/close range - just shooter is too slow, especially when it comes to aiming, what is the biggest strenght of enforcer in my opinion - whenever u cross a shooter with an enforcer u can just drive through him - enforcer will always be the first to shoot ;))
    thanks a lot and of course if some more would post their set up shooter mk4 i would be more than happy - of course i will post an update on my setup too when I'm mk4 and found a combo that fits my play style :)

19. TheAntiSnipe

An educated choice, my main man! Excellent for all ranges, and hell on wheels at quick skirmishes

ExenBär likes this.
  20. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

thanks a lot for ur props :D u where the first to help so thanks a lot again :)
    the decision comes with the input of the community and I'm really impressed how fast i got good answers from you all :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.