1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Some of my shots don't register against speeders.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Spongeboat, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

It's been like this since the day one I played this game. A lot of time when I'm facing speeders, there's a big chance some of my shot won't register, and it's irritating. You don't get many chances to shoot speeders in matches, you need to time it precisely when they're on cooldown before they nitro away. And when you get your perfect chance to shoot, it's frustrating only to find out your shot doesn't register.

Seriously, rovio. Put this issue on your priority fix list. This is a game breaking issue. Every shot in this game is crucial, one shot doesn't register can make a difference between win and defeat.

And before someone school me that it's just my connection issue, I can tell you it's not. I checked the replays to confirm that my shots are actually making contact with the target, but no damage registered.

Here's I include a link where you can watch unregistered shots in action.
    Towards the end there are 2 shots not registered that should be able to finish the speeder off or at least put it in a defensive. But because of those 2 shots not registered, the speeder can continue to nitro around without much problem and win the match.

I hope devs can acknowledge and solve this issue in the next update.

Medullaoblongata and Ænima like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The speeder's hitbox might be the issue here, I think. If a dev could verify this, it would be great.

@Zeus?

3. Spongeboat

That's what I thought at first, but after checking countless replays, I doubt the hitbox is the problem.
    My main weapon is explosive cannon and in some replays, my explosive cannon projectile actually hit the boat and exploded, confirming that it actually making contact with the hitbox but no damage registered.
    But I have no deep knowledge on game technicalities so that's just my speculation.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's how a hitbox problem would look. Basically, on your side(where the explosion is computed and displayed cosmetically) it looks like it hit, since it's the ship's framework. However, what actually happened was that it passed through a certain small part of the ship's hitbox and splashed into the water.

Spongeboat likes this.
  5. Spongeboat

Isn't the explosion computed from the server side? It might be displayed on my side, but the computation itself is from the server side.
    And from my understanding, the replay is how the server "see" the match. If it hits in the replay, it should be also registered as a hit in the server because replay isn't affected by ping latency.

Anyway, whatever the problem is, I hope it gets fixed soon. It's already hard enough to hit speeders especially the ones with double nitro. I can't afford to get my my shots unregistered.

6. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Similar issue here, though it appears to be related to the use of Nitro to me rather than a permanent hitbox issue. Speeder hitboxes are small, sure, but unless they use nitro on impact my EC shots register.

Spongeboat likes this.