1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So when is the next update? Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 12 Sep 2017.

Tags:
?

When is the next update? Your guess.

1. Next month!

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. This month!

33 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 2 months from now!

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. NEVERRRRRRRRRRR

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. as soon as I scrap all my items and quit the game

59 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Hinted:

• Fire contribution reduction
    • Accidental scrap prevention
    • Vip bug with pearling your crew
    • Legendary sniper nerf early to mid level (only end levels got the nerf from previous update)
    • Legendary ballpark mortar buff early to mid levels (only end levels got the buff from previous update)

Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

And something with guilds. Yes the hints are out there if ya search...but y not make them easy for ppl to see is what I'm getting at

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    You have to be in the right place at the right time.

4. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Frankly, I'm kind of floored by the whole "summer vacation" thing. No one else seems to ever express a problem with that excuse, so maybe I just don't get it, but... how was the entire development team completely gone from the game for several months? I've never heard of a whole office clearing out for the summer as if it's grade school.

5. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

If small changes come, Cya later

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That's why they are hints, rewards you for following the forum actively ;)

7. *Rubber Duck*

....i love this game bud and nothing against y'all but really.....with the very upset community y'all have that's ur response? Give us something better than that now... u responded earlier with y'all don't wana make promises in a thread u start...whats the harm in just giving some game features y'all have thought about....things your trying to bring to the game or wanting in the game...if u can give a better reason not to post future wants and possible plains I'll drop the subject for sure, but I don't really see any good possible reason, please prove me wrong bud

Ultrah likes this.
  8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

"Whole office" in this case means one corner of a room as Battle Bay team is 12 persons. And no, the whole team was not away at the same time. But that actually makes things worse, not better, because you you are constantly missing some people making progress slower. The most critical part are the server developers. We can't release a new update shortly before they go to vacation if anything goes wrong, and we sure can't release an update when they are on vacation.

So no, the development team didn't just go on vacation for months. I personally took 1.5 weeks which I spend working anyways. But progress is not that efficient when the team is firing with half the cylinders for few months.

9. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Boycott, boycott....dont spend....dont spend...money is the only thing these companies understand.... affect their bottom dollar and there will be changes.....but you have to have the big spenders on board .

10. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sorry, but that's how you made it sound. Even then, it's a little weird how slow development is, even with a partial team. If things would be that much faster if you guys just all cleared out for a few weeks, why don't they let you guys do that? o_O

11. *Rubber Duck*

I can't speak for them but with how long this update is taking I can only hope its gona be a game changer :) I hope.....

- Oskar -, Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  12. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there are things to consider about the update :
    First, as Miika said, having a small team, going on vacations at intervals isn't easy to work on things. I'm sure they need to talk about those "updates" and decide. If not, each devs have a specific role.
    Also, keep in mind that Android 8.0 and iOS 11 just came out. Having new APIs (codes) to integrate to the game is pretty much new to them. A lot of my apps haven't been updated for quite some time due to that. Need to conduct "field" testing and yeah. If they updated the app before those releases, they would have needed to update the game just for those APIs.
    I know it sucks, i know we all want something new but they are humans. They do deserve to rest a bit as well.

The update is coming, "soon". Doesn't matter now. We know there is one. Let's just have just for the moment, respect each other and that's it.
    Just my 2 cts.

Have fun everyone.

13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    What he said

14. Kinetic Theory

Kinetic Theory New Member

IPO Valuation. If anyone knows a thing or two about finance then you are aware that Rovio is going through a IPO. During an IPO growth and development historically tapers for a bit. Having the time to follow news I also observed that Rovio is working on multiple new AB titles (match three, bubble match, Evolution..) and keeping up with fragmentation, hotfixes, cheaters/exploiters, customer service inquiries, and their families? Last count I saw puts their employee count around 500 and their value at around 500 million. Imo, that ratio of labor to value is an indicator of a company that has a potent IP but is stagnating on growth vs potential. Hence the IPO. More money = faster growth = less rabid player base = well compensated developers. Its easy to envision but harder to execute. Wtf is my point, you ask? If you have a chance at setting yourself up for steady long term growth by adjusting energy in the short term or putting more energy behind "the next patch" mentality........one would be remiss to not find justification for a developer and their tentative "updates."

For the less inclined to read prose - TL;DR

They are holding out on "too many" releases and patches NOW because they need more money for releasing patches and new games faster a year from now. Solid growth strat.

15. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

there is not much hope, if you notice that among 12 developers, they are not able to remove a player banned by cheater, leaving him in the top for two weeks. And closing in a bad way a thread where we wondered why it is still there. Answering one of the developers something that had nothing to do with the thread that was about that and not about the sanction that was already in another thread.
    What in summary is seen by this action that two weeks remains the same, or the global chat that looks like the city without law ... do not update in so long nothing ... does not look good.
    It is a lack of respect for the player that should be the one, things like these, for that he has played and spent. Really incredible in two weeks is not fix that... So I don´t expect a game a change soon... screen shot from just now... Tpro number one ... sorry Peeelah

IMG_0921.PNG

Joey who likes this.
  16. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

He needs to login again so in global, it resets itself. Nothing to do with devs in this case.

You need to give them the benefice of the doubt before saying nothing will change. We all want an update, the devs know that. Give them time, Oskar. =)

17. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Three month have passed since last update already. And devs still can't tell us more than a tiny teaser. After three month? Really?

18. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

They. Have.

take it in slllloooooooooowly. Don't overdo it.

Rango8 likes this.
  19. *Rubber Duck*

Believe its only been about a month and a half...yea July 14th was last update....

20. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

That was a balance change. And it was more than 2 months ago.