1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So... I got my shooter to mk6...

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 29 Sep 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

... but have no idea what baseline I should go by.

Screenshot_2018-09-28-22-23-43-516_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    This is my build rn, but the thing is, I wanna be a speederkiller and brawler. I also want good range.
    Questions:
    1. Hp. What kind of HP count do I need? I get 7.6k with my baby standard shield.
    2. Firepower. My builds specialize in being usable without any switches. So the following items are no-nos:
    • Sniper cannon
    • Excannon(?)
    • Napalm
    • GG
    • Carro
    Let's just say I'm biased against GG's ability in battle. But I'm not against using an excannon if it'll be an improvement over my blast build, HOWEVER I'm not gonna be switching my talents to excannons. So please take that into consideration.
    3. Role: I wan to primarily be a brawler, but I kinda want to be a ranger as well in case of an emergency. I'm willing to accept ONE airborne weapon(mortar or whatever) but that's it.
    So finally, thanks to the pros at the Toobers Discord, I came to the conclusion that using a blast+blast+flare+RG+missiles/FB would be my best bet.

You guys got any ideas/tips? Any replies appreciated!

HAPPY SITHSHA and Nicolas like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

7.6k HP is fairly low for your Infamy. You'll want to cross 8k at least.

Two flares may be a bit much considering the Grenade also causes fire and you only have two canons to take advantage of the Fire boost. I'd recommend replacing the lower end Flare with Sniper or Ex Canon or GG, which all get Fire Boost. You want the option of a distance weapon because otherwise your slow shooter will take a long time before it can start engaging in battle. Speeders will come to you, and quickly get out of reach of every weapon in your current loadout... so maybe that leans to Sniper or a range-enhanced GG?

If you have a high level Napalm, those can be game changers in the right circumstance, so don't be afraid to try it out. I'm inexperienced with Carronade.... what I do know is that it can work well on both Shooter and Enforcer.... maybe more so the latter as it can engage, throw up a shield, and run. With a Shooter if someone is that close, either you or your opponent is going to die... there's no getting away.

The recommended loadout sounds good... it'll depend on which weapons you have available at the time. Personally I haven't had time (or dups) to build a Railgun... they are a particularly niche weapon that can't get over waves and take eons to cooldown, but when it lands it hurts!

3. TheAntiSnipe

I think I won't be bringing shooter into ranked until I get my shield up at least. By which time I might have lucked out and gotten my third leggy red/blue. I agree, 7.5k HP is highly volatile

4. envylife

Another couple of things to keep in mind is that that GG conflicts with Flare, and Sniper conflicts with BC... so using both doesn't get either to their true potential. I was dismayed to find that out after I landed my first GG today.

HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

That's why it was a no-no xD

6. envylife

Yea that's an unfortunate introduction of a new item... to make it conflict with one of the most universally important weapons in the game to 3 of the 5 ships.

7. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Do you want to be a classic or a modern shooter?
    The recommended setup might be useless against dbl bubbles unless all your weapons (Specially flare gun) are maxed out.
    Avoid using FB. It's op but it will take a lot from ship hp. You can reach ~9k hp on mk6 shooter WITHOUT a std shield.

8. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

replace that epic FG with a swift torp (basically useful against all ships , hardly noticeable at colse range ,very fast )

9. envylife

On the other hand if FB is OP then you're not losing much by training for BS and taking the hit on FB. You are likely right it's not the best weapon to engage DB Enforcers.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get all the way to 9k on an MK6 Shooter without SS. I'm at 8069, missing a +5% (on a base of 3000) and 250 HP from misc training. That might bring it to 8600-ish? About 200 HP of those look like non-optimal sacrifices for a Shooter.

10. TheAntiSnipe

Sounds highly interesting

11. Nicolas

@TheAntiSnipe How much is the base hp of your mk6 shooter? I will calculate the maximum hp that you can reach using t5 epic big shield and turbo without a std shield.

12. TheAntiSnipe

I get a base of 3k. Here's the breakdown rn(swapped Bhurt and Brock talents to beef up HP)
    Screenshot_2018-10-01-17-55-02-736_com.rovio.battlebay.png

13. Nicolas

9387 is the maximum hp for mk6 shooter using only a t5 epic big shield and a turbo with +60/+160 perks.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
    TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

talking about hp ,can someone tell me which talents should I use from Brock's talent tree to get the highest hp on a shooter with a BS and a SS? ,I have seen many Mk6 shooters have lower shields but they have more hp than me , Screenshot_20181001-163704.jpg still there are 2(+5% hp for shooter ) on Mortimer' talent tree that I haven't unlocked.

15. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Make sure +25 base hp to both shields is selected on Brock 4,7,13,17.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't really have any main setup because I play whatever I feel like doing in the match. But this is my setup for tearing boats one by one. Keep in mind that I'm a crazy man and I play SUPER aggressive so I don't use many long range weapons. Everything can hit for up to 2k and take out 6-8k hp per cycle. Not a fan of Missing launcher. It just misses too often to do consistent damage. My Berta does better job than that, lol.

Also, swift torpedo is very potent one slot weapon with high damage/high speed. Pretty good for long/medium range and you can normally shoot one at enemy spawn right away. It gets there very fast and gives you free blind shots more often than not.
    IMG_2387.PNG

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Cool, thanks!(though it wasnt my question)

18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Question: why is +25 better than 5% to big shield? I thought 5% gave more hp?

19. Nicolas

It depends on your shield lvl. If it's weak then +25 is better than +5%.
    If it's maxed out then +5% is better than +25.
    (To clarify +25 is added to the base hp of your shield and it's affected by other talents)

20. Kurd1stan.

because it adds +25 then calculate the % , so that 25 isn't just 25 ,
    I didn't know that till a month.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.