1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper rifle hit not doing damage

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Peaky!, 23 Sep 2018.

1. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

Not sure if this is the right place to write this as I am new to forums , but sometimes when I shoot people with my sniper rifle it doesn’t do any damage even though it’s a direct hit . This happens at least once a game . And I am not the only one having this problem other people in our guild our reporting the same thing . If this isn’t the right place to write this ,can someone please tell me where I can make a complaint to the right people .

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It sounds like latency. When you shoot another player, there are actually 3 versions of the game happening: one on your phone, one on their phone, and one on the server. While they are all very similar, they are slightly out of sync, because they all take a few milliseconds to update eachother over the internet. Sometimes this means that you can see a hit on your screen, but the server shows a miss.

If you don’t have a stable connection, then latency can be quite severe.

Do you have a replay of it happening? The replays show what the server saw, so you should be able to see if it was really a hit.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2018
  3. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

OK thanks, I will check Replay the next time it happens I will see.

4. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

So I’ve been checking replays and it’s definitely Shots not registering, take a look at the last two shots of the game where I’m trying to kill the speeder.

5. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

Fortunately I don’t know how to do it it’s copy to my clipboard but I’m not very tech savvy so I don’t know how to do it

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Go to the battle results screen and click on the # on the top right, it should automatically copy.

7. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

Yeah I’ve done that that how do I put on here

8. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
  10. TheWarNet

TheWarNet New Member

Looks like the last shot indeed hit that speeder but no harm...

Ash KOT likes this.
  11. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

Can you watch the video and see what you think last two shots on the speed at the end of the game , this is just one example I can give you many others as it happens quite often

12. ViscountSniffit

You are correct, the last shot definitely appears to break on the tip of his gun, and there is no splash from the shot going into water.

729C0C3A-9624-40D0-AC8A-0F430D44E912.png

Last edited: 27 Sep 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

I will get better replays for you , but if you could draw one of the developers attention to this thread I would be grateful not really very used to using forums

14. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

there people in my guild Who have had the same problem by the way with the sniper rifle

15. ViscountSniffit

I’m not 100% sure how the collisions work, but perhaps because his turret was reversed, the tip of the gun extended slightly outside the ship’s hitbox.

Definitely curious, @TheAntiSnipe

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

I will get better replays,I have had much more direct hits in the center of ships are not registered

17. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

People in my guild have had the same problem

18. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's a speeder bug .. the unregistered hits.

It'll happen more and more as you climb infamy and more speeders have capped speed, especially with OB or nitro activated.

It shows as a hit on their screen too but they take no damage.

Basically they're too fast for the game to register properly - and it can't be fixed without reducing their speed (which isn't going to happen).

fragglelator likes this.
  19. Peaky!

Peaky! New Member

It is not only speeder that I have had this problem with, are the ships to including shooter and defender

20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Very weird!
    Maybe it is time to buff sniper.
    What do you think @ViscountSniffit ?