1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple solution for Infamy, Suicide team mates and Donuts maker!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by V__, 4 Jul 2018.

1. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Team mates doing 0, some guys suddently suicide and left you with 3 other confused mates or get stuck in ACE forever because your mates refused to work as a team? Fear no more, the solution is here!

Quit the game already!

[​IMG]
    Get rekt!

JK, as far as you know, the current reward system is messed, you did like 50k damage and still lose but you still got the -24 infamy just like those slacker suicided or doing donuts. So, to change this, we will based on the current damage system, the infamy plus or minus will depends on you performance but not your team. Confuse? Here is the example.

For example, you lose right, normaly you would lose 24 infamy or 23 or even 29,30 if you are unlucky enough to get matched with top players and lose the match. Anw, the best guy (did the most damage, highest performance) will lose less infamy than the guy who didnt do s**t. The worst guy will get -24, 2nd worst maybe -23 and the best guy only lose 20 infamy (or we can do -24, -22, -20, -18 and minus 16). The same goes for the winning team, you carried the whole team to victory but only get the same amount that the guy did 0 damage? Fear no more! No more free, awesome ride with this method.

[​IMG]
    NO MORE FREE RIDE FOR YOU!

This system will encourage players to get the best they can do each game, create a more fair environment for everyone to improve and punish the seal clubber, donuts maker or suicide jack***.

So... What about us Fixer?

[​IMG]
    The REAL one, not this one.

Ya, fixers got the worst rewards, harder to play and get focused the most but we still have the right to ask for our equality right? Take this as this, for sure you will need damage to win a game, fixing only can't take you anywhere but fixers do contribute alot to keep the battle much more entertaining. So, fixing points i guess will be 50% or 75% equal to the damage.

[​IMG]
    $!@(*&@($*@&#$(!@(#*!)#*%($@^&%(&!()*$!)@(*#)!@)(%())%*!&@^$*!!!.

Confuse again? Here is an example, a shooter do 30k damage right? But he got a fixer that carried him with 60k healing and only 1k damage, who is the real MVP? With the conversion of 50 and 75%, 60k healing can be translate into 30k damage or 45k damage (The percentage must be adjusted to be more fair), that plus the amount of damage the fixer did (1k) so he will have the total contribution points of 31k (with 50%) or 46k (with 75% conversion rate). That would be a game changer for fixer since not everyone can do 60k healing per game tbh and he will gain the most infamy or lose the least.

Hmmmm, but damage only is quite unfair and will push PTW even further

Easy, easy, we do have alot of the ingame achievement, remember Blind shot when you 360 no scope an enemy with your torpedo? Or get a "Nice hit" with the super OP, super easy to use SNIPER CANNON ACROSS THE MAP? (jk). Those mini inmatch achievement can be use as well to get you more points. Like if you did a "Blind shot", that would plus 1.500 points of damage in your total score. I know, neat right? So land that shot the best way you can.

And, if some DEVs come by, please check my idea for the new Event here, lets make some changes so we can enjoy this game together. What do you guys think?

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Certain ships naturally do more damage than others. For example, a shooter would normally deal more damage than let's say a speeder, and the speeder shouldn't be punished for being in a team of shooters.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

1000th duplicate post. This will never happen

4. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

I've just finished one of many:
    Screenshot_2018-07-05-05-00-00-078_com.rovio.battlebay.png

So YESss! Agree 100%!
    And stop whining about "less weapons - less damage". It is sooo not true =)

5. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Yeah! Keep it coming...
    I don't care about those stars. But loosing infamy because of such idiots...

Screenshot_2018-07-05-05-36-16-252_com.rovio.battlebay.png

6. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Awesome pictures and captions! :D
    What does that mean? Is it a ship going round and round in a circle?
    Me wanty
    Wait. Leggy duct tape only do 45-53?!

7. SeaNavy

Less weapons usually do mean less damage. The only reason shooters don't do much damage sometimes even though they have a lot of weapon slots is that so many people use shooter wrong, so even though they have the most weapons, if they aren't skilled, then they don't get much damage. The more skilled you are, the more shots you should land, and that's much easier to do with a shooter because of it's 5 red slots.

Yeah, that was kinda hard to understand, even idk what I just wrote, so in short

A shooter played correctly should deal more damage than the other ships, but you don't see them on top of the contribution board all the time because they are often played incorrectly.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sounds OP to me...

9. SeaNavy

No, even the base is 82.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I am ok with current reward.

Good n entertainment write up.

Well done.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This has been discussed many times before. It’s a perfectly good idea, but it only works if you can find a fair and accurate way to measure each individual ‘contribution’, and you can’t (it’s impossible).

You end up with exactly what happened with stars in TDM... with no emphasis on ‘winning’, people were just suiciding into the enemy to get their damage up quickly. I received my first Legendary perk on the back of about a hundered and fifty 1 star defeats. But was I really helping my team win? The answer is: who cares? So long as I’m helping myself by getting lots of contribution each game, why even stop to think about it?

The only 100% unbiased way to measure if someone is helping their teams to win, is to award points for winning. Which is the system we currently have.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Of course... in fact my T1 epic duct does 41! It was just a joke since V__ forgot to Photoshop the heal amount.

13. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Congrats on mk77 guy​

14. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I dont even have a tape to begin with

ShipCrusherCz and wreck your day like this.
  15. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

More skill = more rewards, i have seen so many speeders and enforcers did way more damage than a shooter, they have put so much effort in a game and still get the same rewards.

And im fine with campers cause they do the damage and didnt die.

16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think it is a good idea. And I havebeen in battles with my mk2 Shooter and done more damage with my 200 damage weapons, than the mk5s on my team with all t3 rare and epics. We lost and I got punished, because they did so badly or just did not care, floated or were lowering their Infamy because they want to go seal clubbing. That is not fair.

So, I am all for an individual score. 50% of the score is team performance and 50% is of your own performance.

So, maaybe if you win it is 12 points for winning as a team and a maximum of 12 points for your part. Maybe we should take Gear Score as a guidance, so if you do as much damage as your Gear Score is, then you will earn 6 points, if you do twice that, you will earn 12 points. So, if you have a Gear Score of 2000, you get 6 points for reaching that amount when you do 2000 damage and 12 point if you do 4000 damage.

The same with losing, if someone does 0 damage or 0 healing, they lose 24 points. If you did 2000 damage, same as the Gear Score, they 'win' 6 points, which is taken off the 24, so you lose only 18 points.

And so on.

The only way we should all get the same score is if we played with a fixed team, but as it is completely random, individual performance should be taken in the equation as well!

Regards,
    Flintje

17. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    But infamy tankers lose more imfamy so they get rewarded....

18. Djradnad

That sounds nice, but if that were the case I think my defender would get me to 10k lmao doing consistent enough damage to get a star or 2 every game would be like you never lose infamy

19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I'm sorry but what is a doughnut maker?

20. Djradnad

“0” is a donut

V__ likes this.