1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Fix = Major Shift (Infamy tanking/clubbers)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SykleDrop, 14 Aug 2018.

1. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

i know people want a challenge; but my God... anyone else sick of that feeling you get when teams are announced and you see that you have a jack-ass running a mk 1 or mk 2 ship?

IMO: it should be a set rule that if you’re in Ace league or better; you have to at least have mk 4 ship. (I’d prefer mk 5, but I have seen some decent 4s out there with 2k+ infamy).
    I know people like a challenge but I’m sick of seeing a teammate with health equivalent to 1 shot. They’re no help. If you win; it’s in spite of having them on the team, not bc of having them.

One issue I see is that people may just league tank (as they already do)... SO - a simple fix to this would be; in order to equip your ship with anything LG or above epic lvl 30; you must be mk 4+. This would solve those clubbers that infamy tank and don’t upgrade ships so they can play less equipped people. If they want to use high powered weaponry, they must have mk4+.

Ultimately; I’m just tired of seeing the whole team with 6k+ health then one jackass with 1400. Sure; it’s fun to kill them with one snipe or xcanon but I prefer a real challenge, not fluke wins (or losses).

Thoughts?

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's much simpler to level all boats at once rather than going through months worth o questioning every mov tweak..."should we allow boats 2 or 3 levels down?" or "should we only allow Max T5R on an MK2?" The Devs are very... very... slow at tweaking matchmaking, Gear Score, and thus Infamy tweaks. I do not trust a good decision can be made about balancing boat levels in any reasonable timeframe.

The only thing I would accept outside of leveling all boats at once, is better Gear Scoring which would address all of your concerns. If you run an MK3 with T5E's across the board, then you should be fighting appropriate boats, and that is pretty close to the situation today. If you are seeing OP configurations, post them in the Dev feedback threads and explain why.

SykleDrop and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

I get what ur saying about proper team matching. The gear score should def be a bigger factor. Right now I keep seeing 6-7 ppl that are repeat offenders of playing with ships 3 lvls down. When the match avg gear score is 7-8k; they’re coming in with sub 4.5k. They get let in based on infamy alone & 90% of the time, they die in first 60 sec.
    These are also the same ones that do infamy tanking. Putting these restrictions in place keep mature built weapons out of the lower ranks, allowing newer players to grow, and mandates players that want to play with big boy toys/weapons, they need a big boy ship.
    It’s not like still allowing them to have a mk 4 wouldn’t still be a challenge for them; it just protects the efforts of those teammates involved.

I know the devs don’t want to over-regulate, understandably so. BUT - there are more people that are affected negatively bc of these few people than there are ppl benefiting from devs not regulating. One guy is ‘forced’ to play competitively; 4 team mates benefit from having a mate longer than 45 seconds.

Trevor Falk likes this.
  4. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

I do get the ‘lvl all boats at once’ argument tho!!! I wonder how much gold that would cost?! I think we have to keep in mind that this IS a business for Rovio and ppl buying gold to upgrade ships is a revenue source.
    I understand that people want that extra challenge in play. I don’t like it, but I get it. I just don’t think it should come at a cost to the other players. Maybe it would take them introducing a different play mode for those ppl that want to play with weak ships and built weapons (not likely to ever happen, but could work theoretically). Anything to get them off my team!!!
    Or if we could block them & that kept them off our team, but then ppl would exploit that to the point that the only people ‘allowed’ on their team are that of Dream Team standing.

5. Trevor Falk

Trevor Falk New Member

Amen!

6. Trevor Falk

Trevor Falk New Member

So 1 theory I have is these ppl with the Mk1 or 2 along with a team of MK5 or 6’s are ppl who are doing a quest for that particular boat but they don’t have it lvl’d up yet but are hoping to get lucky with a W and get the 5x for using the actual boat in the quest. I’m guessing they might be having a close race with the guild rivalry and can’t really use a different boat for only 1x the quest points. Still doesn’t make it right. And there should absolutely be a stipulation to stop that from happening.

SykleDrop likes this.
  7. Trevor Falk

Trevor Falk New Member

T5R? T5E? What is this R and E. I know it’s Tier 5 weapons, but haven’t seen the other characters after before. Please help! Lol

8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Rare and Epic

What's Up Player likes this.