1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

SIMPLE FIX = MAJOR SHIFT (infamy/league tanking)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by SykleDrop, 14 Aug 2018.

1. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

i know people want a challenge; but my God... anyone else sick of that feeling you get when teams are announced and you see that you have a jack-ass running a mk 1 or mk 2 ship?

IMO: it should be a set rule that if you’re in Ace league or better; you have to at least have mk 4 ship. (I’d prefer mk 5, but I have seen some decent 4s out there with 2k+ infamy).
    I know people like a challenge but I’m sick of seeing a teammate with health equivalent to 1 shot. They’re no help. If you win; it’s in spite of having them on the team, not bc of having them.

One issue I see is that people may just league tank (as they already do)... SO - a simple fix to this would be; in order to equip your ship with anything LG or above epic lvl 30; you must be mk 4+. This would solve those clubbers that infamy tank and don’t upgrade ships so they can play less equipped people. If they want to use high powered weaponry, they must have mk4+.

Ultimately; I’m just tired of seeing the whole team with 6k+ health then one jackass with 1400. Sure; it’s fun to kill them with one snipe or xcanon but I prefer a real challenge, not fluke wins (or losses).

Thoughts?

2. Waseet

Waseet New Member

This will actually stop seal clubbers, good thinking mate. Also it will give the thing called "FAIR GAMEPLAY". <3

SykleDrop likes this.
  3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

No, this kind of thing has already been discussed in many other threads and there are various different reasons why this shouldn't be applied.

4. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Reasons like...? I’m not doubting they exist, just wondering what they are. I haven’t come across any threads about it.

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Reasons like how it would defeat the purpose of actually testing a players skills. If their infamy is limited because of their low mk, that means they won't be where they actually are meant to be. Like an mk4 who can lead shots is going to be significantly higher in infamy than an mk4 who doesn't know how to lead shots.
    Also, not everyone had the same mk for every ship, so if they got to ace using mk4, and wanted to use mk3 to try out a new item they couldn't on their main ship, then it wouldn't be fair.
    Also, people can just stay at mk3 or some low mk and build up very high gear, but even if they win, they won't advance, so they'll just keep destroying easy enemies.