1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I upgrade to MK5?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ash KOT, 30 Nov 2017.

1. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So I am using a MK4 Speeder and having a lot of fun and had some great games,
    My infamy is floating around the 1000 mark, and I usually get paired up with mainly MK4 and the odd MK5 opponents.
    I am now at 2 million gold, and I was thinking about saving up for the MK5 speeder.
    Obviously this will make me stronger BUT with new matchmaking, will I jump tier and start facing MK5 and MK6?
    My weapons are way too underpowered to compete, my best items are T3 rares and a few T1 epics.
    With it being impossible to "downgrade" a ship, I am anxious on making the jump to MK5 in case it bites me in the ass.
    Do you think I should upgrade? Or hold out in the MK4 til I have upgraded more.

2. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I think if you're having fun stick with what you got :)

The Otherguy, _devill and Ash KOT like this.
  3. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Get the weapons up first!

The Otherguy, _devill and Ash KOT like this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Having fun yes, but want to progress further in the game.
    It actually shows a flaw in the matchmaking that players are "scared" to upgrade, upgrading your gear should always be a positive!

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Do it :D It'll be worth it even with the new extra-broken matchmaking system

Ash KOT likes this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Yes this was my logic!
    Worth it as in getting melted by MK6 monsters one shotting me with T4 epics :D

7. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Upgrade to mk5 bro when u have decent items other wise using the same items will just downgrade your ship in terms of ship/turret speed and rotation. Also be sure to have an upgraded item ready for the new slot.

Ash KOT likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So general feedback is to keep upgrading items before splashing out on the shiny new boat :D

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  9. Earel

Earel Active Member

new ship - new experience

Ash KOT likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

But will it be a good experience :p

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

You won’t get matched against mk6s. I’m at around 1900 in mk5 speeder, and I never see a mk6.

The mk5 has its problems, the buttons are way too small when you get a 5th item, and the agility is worse (which is difficult to compensate for). But in return you get way more hp, and room for a big shield, which is a massive improvement.

Once you get above 1200 it’s mostly mk5s anyway. So you might want to hold off a little, but I wouldn’t wait long.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1: Finalize a setup.
    2. Make it good, like, rare t3 good.
    3. Master the mk4. Get to at least 1.6k infamy with it.
    4. Then get yourself a mk5, but expect some serious infamy drop because the mk5 has a ruthless learning curve.
    Good luck!

Ash KOT likes this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Thats good to know, but might as well wait until I have the items to fit the slots :)
    The raffle lured me into a false sense of how easy epics were to come by, and I scrapped 3 epic tesla shields, 3 epic frost launchers, and 2 epic big shields as well as some epic perks #regrets :(

Now im stuck with no epic big shield, and a T1 epic TS, but learn from our mistakes I guess!
    Will save up the rest of the gold and pray to RN Jesus for a decent shield!

Have made 4 epic blues now, and every one has been turbo lol, so got plenty of them!

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The TS is no big loss, it doesn’t really fit on the mk5. By the time you get to mk6 you’ll (hopefully) have recovered, if you still want to use it.

We should probably all have a moment of silence for the loss of your epic big shields though... they will be sorely missed :(

Ash KOT likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Ayy. I'm still living with t3 rare BShield.

ViscountSniffit and Ash KOT like this.
  16. Mr. Aussie

There are positives and negatives of upgrading or not upgrading. So do whatever you feel is best @Ash KOT :)

Ash KOT likes this.
  17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Thanks guys, gonna stay MK4 for a bit and blow all my gold on parts to max out the gear I have and then make the jump!

18. Mr. Aussie

Smart thinking :D

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Obviously upgrade - You'll never get to play with the big sharks if you employ a small fish attitude!

At 1k infamy you arent going to face any mk5/6 that has even half a clue on how to handle their boat. Upgrade to mk5 and show the bay who's in control!

Ash KOT likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

Ayy, but Kit, he needs a big shield at least, and 1.56 ish speed and a very high powered combo so that he doesn't go down. Due to the new MMR, I had to t4 my rare blasty just to stay in Ace xD.