1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I bite the bullet and switch from rare blast to uncommon sniper?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Excism, 19 Jul 2017.

1. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

So I've figured blast cannon isn't as good on shooter as it is on speeder (I've switched from speeder to shooter). Now I have a lvl 20 T2 rare blast cannon with no extra copies while I have 4 uncommon sniper cannons. Should I just go and upgrade the uncommon snipers to lvl 30? (I can't go past 30 yet since training) or should I just continued waiting to get more rare snipers? I don't think I've ever gotten one rare sniper since I started playing lol

2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I just bought a rare sniper so I have one now. Just don't know if I will get more in the future or not

behumble likes this.
  3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

imo blast cannon is terrible lol.
    Easy to miss, dps is pretty bad, slow projectile, bad range.

Explosive cannon is much better.
    Sniper has a better chance of critical shots, and you can get those early shots in the game from far away.
    Glad you bought it

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. Gnarlymilk

Gnarlymilk New Member

I have a love / hate relationship with my blast cannon lvl 22 rare.. It requires skill to use that's for sure. currently mine has 400+ damage and for a Fixer that is not trying to do damage all the time its OK, but missing really sux, i use it mostly when I can get a for sure shot, but I am usually focused on healing. IMO i would never use it on any other ship.

dikshift and behumble like this.
  5. behumble

yeah ive always stuck with cannon, but it only does like 150 dmg on the big guys with high defence. Its lvl 30 rare right now lol. I focus on healing too, but the 5.6 wait time to reload is amazing, i can almost always rely on a shot to be ready just in case someone needs to be finished off, or to help with a target

6. JJf

JJf Member

You hate blast cannon's slow projectile (which makes it easy to miss) and prefer explosive cannon with slower projectile speed (which makes it a lot easier to miss). It's interesting but makes no sense.

Blast cannon can be used in shooters, too, if you have some faster weapons with it. I wouldn't change a rare on to an uncommon one. Instead of it you should wait until you find some rare sniper cannons if you want to use it. It's maybe easier to use and it has great range (compared to other cannons). The projectiles hit on waves quite often but it can be handled just like you can handle the slow projectile speed of exp/blast cannon if you are skilled. It's more about which one fits on your playing style and the other weapons of your ship.

fr4nk1yn, GGodHand and behumble like this.
  7. behumble

i suppose it does make no sense lol.
    but explosive cannon does more damage right? its still a close range weapon i guess. Idk, i tried blast cannon and was disappointed. I see lots of successful players using explosive cannon though.

8. Gnarlymilk

Gnarlymilk New Member

I have a Epic cannon and the super quick reload time is really nice however even with the long CD on the Blast cannon as a fixer I always seem to have it ready since I'm focused on healing. The only issue is when I get surrounded, never ends well for me, but that's my fault for allowing me to get put in that position. I think I want to build a napalm, try to control
    positions and cut off the other team, make them scatter about but I hate to only have a AOE..

9. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Basically everyone in the topic (except for one guy) missed the point of my topic lol. Should I switch from RARE blast cannon to UNCOMMON sniper cannon. I'm dead set on switching to sniper, I just don't know if I should go with rare or just do uncommon now. I need more input lol

behumble likes this.
  10. behumble

is ur uncommon tier 2+?
    rare would be better unless it is.
    otherwise, save the rare until u get a duplicate and use uncommon for awhile to see how u like it

11. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I have 4 lvl 1 uncommon snipers

behumble likes this.
  12. behumble

then uncommon is fine
    tier 2 rare is better than tier 3 uncommon tho, so as soon as u get a duplicate..

13. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I would keep the blast cannon. I actually just switched all my perk's from sniper to blast cannon this last week and have had better success with damage. Before my sniper uncommon 30 sniper would crib for 350ish which was great. But the problem is by the time you get in range to finish off they either healed or regenerated. Instead my blast rare tier 3 does 600+ guaranteed. Waiting to buy the +3 % crit chance perks from shop whenever they show up. I haven't tried the burning damage perks but waiting for a duplicate epic firebomb or napalm launcher before I try that build. Basically what I'm finding is burst > dps

dikshift likes this.
  14. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I've just been dealing with the exact opposite. I was all about the sniper cannon in the beginning, but I switched to enforcer and ended up loving grenades. So I started trying blast cannon. Long story short, I hated it at the beginning, but I practiced with it (and yes, lost). But, the best weapon in the game is useless if you can't hit with it. Give the uncommon sniper cannon some time and some sugar and you may love it, or you may go back to blast cannon. I bet once you get a crit shot on a speeder your heart will be pumping big love tho.

15. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Well I use railgun as well so I know what your talking about. In one game I was 1v1 with a speeder with 5 seconds left, the speeder started speeding away with nitro and everything to force a tie, I aimed with railgun which just came off of cooldown, lead shot a bit in front, and blew the guy up. Felt great!

16. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    So much fun. See you on the water.:)

17. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

It's not that bad lol. Mine deals 900+ dmg . It's a good weapon if you know how to predict and lead shots

18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you are a shooter use sniper over blast cannon any day. Blast cannon is more of a close to mid range weapon. More ideal for speeders and enforcers.

19. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Ultimately the choice is yours, I personally like both. But, I should mention that I use a speeder. I had a lvl30 uncommon sniper and scrapped it when I got 2 rare snipers. I have used blast cannon for awhile and that's the one weapon that stays on my boat. You will miss from time to time ,but that is with every weapon. It really just depends on your play style. With you being a shooter I recommend sniper. I will say that you definitely need a close/mid range weapon and a blast cannon is hard to beat.

20. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Blast Cannon has very bad range. Most weapons have 25 range (including explosive cannon), Blast cannon has 22 range. To fire a blast cannon you need to properly aim, but you'll get a shot from the enemy as you may be in their range.
    Explosive cannon gives more damage when enemies are in groups, moreover you can shoot them at objects and have a 2 radius explosion.