1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter or Fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by FluffyBooXV, 22 May 2017.

1. FluffyBooXV

FluffyBooXV New Member

I have been for two days and I am in dilemma- which ship to invest my time and resources on. I have previously excelled in roles in healing in other games but BB seems to be a little different. People just don't stick together so that I can heal them. I lost many matches with a fixer. I was playing a Shooter on a friend's phone who had a shooter MK2(with three weapons). I was easily able to kill at least 4 ships and the end match rewards were sweet too with 3 stars. It's not the same with fixer. I hardly inflict damage with the cannon. I have blast cannon and sniper cannon but 11 seconds cooldown time is a lot. I do not have whole day to play, I just want something to pass time. Which ship should I go with?

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I am fairly new and just recently became mk3 fixer. As you rise in infamy, say above 800, some players (not all) pay more attention to fixer in my experience. So it does get better. You learn to stay near a pack too...just don't follow that speeder who is scouting/hunting or the crazy kamikaze guy; it will end badly.

In any case, perhaps you should start with another boat you like and wait to level fixer when you are higher up. Sounds like it could be less painful that way. ;-)

Epekka likes this.
  3. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I understand your problem I would go both lol
    At least for the first few mks due to how long it takes to upgrade crew you should be able to play both.
    I play fixer mk 3 and love it you just gotta learn how to best help the team! No games the same with fixer which is why I love it!

Also find yourself a guild and get some allies when your in a platoon with another fixer or a defender you will excel!

4. ProInseminator

ProInseminator New Member

Both the Shooter and Fixer are my favorite rolls to play within the game but I will say that I have spent more time and resources on my Fixer. Personally I find hanging back and healing my team more fun and enjoyable than the pressure of causing as much DPS as possible. The set back at times tends to be the fact that 1) you have little control over the damage output and almost no control over where your teammates will be, and 2) the rewards at the end of a battle tend to be a bit less and achieving a 3 star rating is extremely difficult. I roll an MK3 Fixer and its pretty effective image1.PNG

JDAR likes this.
  5. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

IMG_3650.JPG
    Oh man I wish I had rare stuff like you lol
    I usually run this as my fixer
    If your similar infamy hmu for a fleet

6. FluffyBooXV

FluffyBooXV New Member

Damn! Impressed to see so many Fixer MK3s. How do you all get rare items? I am captain level 8 and all I have are uncommons.

7. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Just play Eventually you will get them! And tbh we are not that impressive but thanks for thinking so lol!

8. FluffyBooXV

FluffyBooXV New Member

What is your #matches to #kills ratio as a Fixer? I ask this because as a Fixer people just killsteal since they have high damaging weapons and more in number than me.

9. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Not good lol

10. FluffyBooXV

FluffyBooXV New Member

Figured. I wish the devs added something like HP healed under stats. We need something to show off too, don't we?

11. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    There are many threads bemoaning this....an awful oversight on their part. But it is early in the game!!! At least we influence battles, earn infamy and stars to spend at a decent rate.

12. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

any tips for training crew for fixer ?

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Felix & Dr. Buzzkill gives the Fixer specific bonuses -- Scroll through all crew & find the easy to grab 5% boost of x too all ships, they are all worthwhile. Swift (Overboost) & Block (Hp, def & small shield) are good places to look if you aren't sure which weapon you want to improve.

Totoro likes this.