1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship talents

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Counterpoints, 31 Dec 2018.

1. Counterpoints

Counterpoints New Member

Ship characteristics are not pronounced enough. We still need ship talents, in addition to weapon talents. Unpredictability of ship talents, in my opinion, adds more fun to the game.

Here are just some example talents. Some of them just serve to make a point, not suggesting something be implemented.

The ship talents can be put in levels and the benefit increases as you level up. It doesn’t have to be a lot of levels. 5 or 10 is enough. This could go along ship levels, say, when ship level hits multiple of 5, you unlock a new talent tree, from which you CHOOSE a talent.

Buff: guardian aura effect, repair box, pulse invincibility (from perk)

Debuff: fire, frost, stun

Strength: time and/or value

Shooter:

-10% debuff strength or +10% buff strength

Defender:

-20% mine damage or -20% torp damage

Speeder:

+10% offensive debuff strength or -10% debuff strength

Enforcer:

+10% turn rate when on fire or +10% speed when on fire ... etc..

Fixer:

Don’t play it enough to give it any thoughts

For the newer ships I leave it open. You guys get the idea.

I enjoy making combinations of talents so that the game is slightly unpredictable. At the moment, all you care about is killing your opponents with crafts. But killing your opponents with new ideas from the planning phase is also kind of fun.