1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship Specific Chests and Containers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by benguin8, 7 Nov 2018.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Fun fact: The game is desperately waiting to see Rovio's next move with ship specific puzzle pieces and new ships.

So here is my proposal.

We need ship specific chests and containers. We see that different ships have different focuses and use different item combinations. Currently, chests have EVERYTHING in it, which is great and all, but often I get a green item and I play enforcer, or vice versa. If I am liking a certain ship, I want upgrades to help with that ship. It would go like this -

Click chest or container from the shop. This brings you to ship specific selection. Price would be the same as it is now - 400 pearls and 3900 pearls.

Normal chest has a rare and epic cell, random item (with %s) and an epic item piece (with %s). Ship chests be exactly the same but would FAVOR the items the specific ship caries using the same ratio the ship has. Likely it should be based off of # of slot points. So Shooter Chest would have red and blue items (more red than blue). Defender crates would have more chance for blue. Fixer more for green etc. Have good ol' RNG give you the item and piece and then the ship specific RNG to make the color. Shooter Containers would just contain 10 of these Shooter Chests.

An example of enforcer. 3 red points, 5 yellow, 3 blue. So crates would be 27% chance of red, 46% chance yellow, 27% blue, 0% green. Etc.

Now the best part is that we have 2 new ships. The Interceptor and Reaper Chest would follow the same idea as above with the item chance, but instead of giving a rare and epic cell it would give ship parts like the coin boxes do during events. A Reaper Chest would basically be a combo of the chest above and a 100 coin crate (same %s). Buying the Reaper Container, would give 10x Reaper Chests. So for 400 pearls, you would get a minimum of 700 parts. (or about 11200 minimum for $50 the 6500 pearl package, which is the same you are selling 10k parts for). For 3900 pearls, you would get a little more of a deal and get a minimum of 7000 parts. Of course if RNG shines light on you, you might make out with more at the end of the day. May the odds be ever in your favor!

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    So basically I click on the chest icon, i can choose a ship, and that changes my drop RNG. I like it! Becasue then I can just choose defender when I want a better chance for blue items.

3. benguin8

Exactly.

RACK STAR and HARPO! like this.
  4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Ooh then I really likey

RACK STAR likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

A really good idea but I have my doubts as to whether it'll be implemented:( the game really relies a lot on its RNG, and I don't see the devs buying this idea. But maybe if the price was higher and they appeared as a special edition or something, I guess?

6. benguin8

I don't see why they would oppose. I am taking the same RNG system they have given us and combining it. The only thing in the way of this is if Rovio has other plans for distributing parts... which I am really afraid of.... :eek: