1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship perks idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by c3n3, 24 Mar 2018.

1. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

i think this game would be better if you were allowed to put perks on ships.
    Mk1-2 one perk
    Mk3 two perks
    Mk5 three perks
    Mk6 4 perks

These perks would all be passive in helping the boat or the items on the boat. Some examples I have thought of.

Global cooldown -7.5%
    Acceleration +5%
    Health +75 hp
    Mini bandage 10 hp per five seconds
    Fire resistance +5%
    Stun resistance +7.5%
    Critical resistance +10%
    Damage +1.5%
    Speed +5%
    Vertical aiming angle +10%

Damage healer: 1.5% of damage dealt is transferred to health

Over health: removes 10 percent of health but then adds 20 percent of health as over health. Over health acts like normal health except it doesn’t stop fire damage or torpedo.

As you notice there are no “mini” rudder or gear lube perks. This is because the mini versions of the shield, bandage, turbo, May allow more people to run a rudder or gearlube. Essentially those mini perks are a “non nerf” nerf to the over used blue items.

These perks would come I rare, epic, and legendary versions. The legendary strength ones are listed above

Last edited: 24 Mar 2018
  2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Bump, I posted to early

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sounds good

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Mk1 doesn't need a perk, they're already confused trying to figure out regular perks anyway. Smooth progression if they start with 0 ship perks like common and uncommon items do.
    This is so weak xD
    This just translates to "more range" which is still a great option but the name is misleading.

Other than that, totally with you. I think this would add more depth to everyone's loadouts. Oh, and also...
    YEA COUNT ME IN

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  5. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    +1 bumbumbumbumbumb

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I get your mk 1-2 point maybe just shift it to
    Mk3 1
    Mk4 2
    Mk5 3
    Mk6 4

On the 75 health, I didn’t want the health to be a necessity on everyone’s build

And the vertical aiming perk isn’t necessarily for more range, but I find my self at times at the bottom of a wave trying to shoot a guy at the top, but I can’t since the aim is too high. This would counter those situations and if your trying to shoot over a wall

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

Security
    I think the health perks should be better so people can justify not using a shield at lower mks. As a mk5 speeder I wanted to use a turbo + rudder setup so bad but switching from my rare t4 rudder to epic t1 big shield gave me a 1000 infamy boost. If I had this, I could've used 3 hp perks to compensate. Sure, people could use it to have more and more hp, but I see it more as an opportunity to boost whatever stat bugs you the most, depending on your setup. Of course, a ship with all shields would likely go for speed perks instead, but they should be allowed to get even more health if they want.

100% with you on your other points!

8. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Going a bit off topic, but I have thought about using a mk4 epic rudder with all health perks as a slight compensation for reduced health paired with another all health perks item (frost, TS) because I really want to use a rudder build (I need more epic rudders though)

Back on topic,
    75 * 4 = 300 * (enforcer max health boost (only one I know)) 1.33 =
    400 possible extra health on an enforcer.

If the health perk was 100 it would be
    400 * 1.33 = 532

Ok after doing that I could see how 75 might be too little, idk about 100 though it seems ok maybe 125 is good.

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    Tbh considering they're global perks that literally anyone can apply to any ship, we can probably allow them to be pretty beefy, as long as they're balanced amongst themselves.

10. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

True, if this were implemented then weapons would all be nerfed so they should all get a 3% damage increase

PastelPiku likes this.