1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aamos, 27 Aug 2017.

1. Aamos

Aamos New Member

I'm sure this has been suggested somewhere, just couldn't find it. But what if there would be separate infamys for different ships and you couldn't load high level gear to low level ships.

Like mk1 ship could only use commons, mk2 could use uncommon, mk3 rare, mk4 epics and finally mk5 and above could use legendarys.
    (maybe even push epics to mk5 and mk3/4 would be rares and then mk6 legendary)

That way you could test new ships easier and not lose infamy learning it and play some low level games for fun with another ship when you get frustrated with higher level games and nobody could put in some epics and have "fun" with new mk1 ships.

Also I think this would benefit f2p players, you wouldn't be facing epics until you reach higher mk levels.

There probably is some downsides I didn't think of, but I'm sure someone will point them to me

One problem I can think of is seasons, not sure how those would go with this. I guess you could get rewarded from all ships, that would maybe speed leveling up.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

The downside is abuse. Say an Ace league Shooter with high lvl epics or leg wanted to play his speeder at mk2 which is sitting at a low infamy. He'd basically be able to one shot the entire team. This different infamys but keeping the same weapons would allow for a shifted progression where u don't know how strong someone's weapons are. Also it means a mk1 even could get unreasonably high in infamy bcuz of strong weapons that you normally wouldn't get until late game.

Otherwise I like this idea too and we definitely have talked about it. Should be on all the broken matchmaking threads :)

3. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

You didn't read that weapons are limited by ship mk. Mk1 common mk2 uncommon and so on

4. behumble

Well thats even worse....i use uncommons at mk5, and im sure mk1-2 use rare or epics that they find early on....

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    As an mk4 speeder (F2P) I use a lvl ten uncommon turbo!

6. behumble

Why.............................WHY?
    U could at least buy a rare bro, they are only 750k..................................................
    I was using uncommon turbo too, till i found out rare lvl 10 is basically the same as even lvl 30 uncommon....
    Im ftp and have gotten 3 rare turbos since that so im set for tier 4 at least.....

Get yo self some speed

Whatever is uncommon in ur set up, buy a rare of it.
    The only uncommon i use is a tier 4 repair box, simply bcuz i only have 2 rares right now....hoping for another so i can start the transition over

7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I cant save gold! :D The shop gives me expensive part deals that I cant resist!

8. behumble

Lol w
    Lol I understand that....but I seriously recommend buying one before the RNG gives you one

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I will eventally.

10. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Maybe limit the rarity a weapon can be found till you reach that mk level. Also players are still allowed to use uncommon items at higher mk I was just saying what level theyd be unlocked at

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Screenshot_20170828-164022.png How's that?

behumble likes this.
  12. behumble

Better! Now just for RNG to get on board

The Otherguy likes this.