1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shield defense .vs. Hit points

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dęę Måçk, 16 Jul 2018.

?

What's better "shield defense" or "Hit Point" perks

Poll closed 23 Jul 2018.
  1. Shield defense

7.7%
  2. Hit point

92.3%
  1. Dęę Måçk

Dęę Måçk Member

I noticed shield defenses only go to 100 does that only protect you losing 100 health? Since ALL the TOP bayers Globally have HIT POINT perks Equipped to their shields and what ever else they can attach em to I'm Assuming shield defense SUKT ? whatever your shield defenses are is what your protection is gonna be ?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It seems to be unanimous on this forum that HP is the better deal.

You can estimate it pretty quickly: Epic Defense Perk is +9 per hit, while Epic Shield Perk is +150. You would have to get hit in battle 17 times before you break even with the Defense Perk. In my experience a full 5-minute battle with a Fixer or two is the only situation where I would be able to last 17 hits, which is a very uncommon situation.

3. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Each shield defense point reduces the damage from the enemies weapon's BASE damage by one point. 9 points of defense reduces base damage by 9 hit points.

Armor doesn't help you vs actual burning damage.

I think it works like this:
    Say the enemy has 100 damage cannon (BASE damage) but perks and captain levels increase that 100% to 200 damage. Each of your defense points will save 1 point of damage from weapon base damage which turns into 2 points of damage at final calculation. The defense savings also occurs before criticals and fire damage bonuses. So you save even more hp on those occurrences.

On the flip side, HP perks on shields are gained before shield HP bonuses are applied. Therefore each HP perk point is worth more than a 1 hp. You can add like 35% to standard shield so a 150 hp perk on standard shield is really worth 202 hp.