1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Season Rewards - REWORKED!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Spinners71, 10 Jul 2018.

1. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

I've been toying with this for a few weeks.

I believe this accomplishes 3 goals:
    1. Increase season rewards
    2. Add a second NM tier
    3. Smooth out, consolidate, and simplify the rewards

Desired effects:
    • Better rewards (especially higher up) will encourage Infamy climbing
      • Which, in turn, will discourage tanking / seal-clubbing.
    • A second NM tier will encourage end-game competition
    • Increasing the reset to 5000 will reduce Infamy destruction at every season reset
      • Which, in turn, will have the trickle-down effect of making life a little less brutal for new players
    • Eliminates cases where the #1 finisher in some league gets vastly better rewards than everyone 2 leagues above them.
    • Rewards for each tier are now only split into 2 groups: Top 10, and everyone else.
      • No more awkward splits at 1, 2, 3, 4 10, 25, 50.
    • Keep rewards to just a few impactful things per tier.
      • I left out Power Cells, because I want Rovio to eliminate them from the game, but it would be easy to add them back in.

2018-07-10_1143.png

2. Spinners71

Some more things to point out:
    • The min infamy required for the Ace tiers has been tweaked. I can't remember if I tweaked any others, but if I did, this is what I think they should be.
    • Overall, I wanted all the Ace tiers (but especially Ace I) to feel some love with better rewards than they're currently getting. Actually, this is basically better rewards for basically everyone, but the improvements are even better the higher you go (but I tried to avoid crazy improvements for NM).
    • Remember, everyone in that league gets the displayed rewards -- it's only the top 10 who get the extra piece indicated on the right
    • The 2 NM league rewards might be a touch too high. Could reduce epic pieces to 5, 6 respectively.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2018
  3. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a second tier for NM players... Or even a new Mythical league for those lunatics who break 5k every season lol.

PallabKumarS and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. Spinners71

I just realized NM I and II should switch names...
    Whoops!

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Sorry dude, your idea makes TOTAL sense and would be a GREAT addition to the game. Also it would fix SO MANY issues with the game.

In other words, it won't be added.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Well done!

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I didn't see this thread before posting in the other one, but like I said, I'm all for more rewards because I can hit 5k ...

Few thoughts though:
    1. The top league should have a different name - like zero said above - and have significantly higher rewards to encourage the infamy pushing like you suggest. *(Of course this will increase the number of people crying about p2w stuff)*
    2. The matches will still be the same. The MM algorithm will still have to pull from lower leagues to fill matches, so people will be crying even more about the large infamy differences in their matches. (The 5k'ers would get bored always being matched against the same exact people otherwise).
    3. If the expanded Ace1 or whatever the 2nd highest league would be - this makes it harder for people to reach the top tier of season rewards - so the people above them are advancing faster in that respect. (More crying)
    4. The top 50 reward does have a point in NM league btw .. people push for it. I know it's somewhat arbitrary in Master and Ace.
    I'll repeat - I'm all for this .. but I'm not sure it'll work out like you hope.

8. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

I can hit 5500+ easily in a day. But as long as MM(event) are affected by infamy, i will never climb the ranked game.
    There is no merit at al. Lol
    Top3? Anyone can climb with a dirty fleet.
    The fleet at high infamy should be within the minimum range.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2018
  9. Spinners71

Are the rules for fleeting in NM different?

I'm confused by most of what you typed, but that in particular

10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I blame drugs

11. Spinners71

Re-tuned it a bit, after some feedback and further thought. (Mostly reduced the upper end a bit, and smoothed out a few other weird jumps)
    2018-07-20_1425.png