1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudder and gear lube

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by duy0699cat, 16 Dec 2017.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. duy0699cat

duy0699cat New Member

Hi all,
    In my opinion the effects of gear lube and rudder can't be compared with turbo, bandage or shield so they are obsolete in game. So I suggest some other effects to improve them:

- The gear lube can have other effects beside turret rotation: Increase sight range or reduce waiting time between weapon, which will encourage people use them on shooter, maybe healer. Long range sight is also good for scouting or using with sniper, etc. We may rework it ti something like "weapon mount".

-The rudder can improve the acceleration/deceleration beside ship rotation, which will improve dodging. I think speeder and defender will use them rather than stacking shields.
    With this those 2 items will have double effects, I think with talents and perks we can adjust them for a balanced game.

2. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Ha!! Indeed Screenshot_2017-12-16-13-32-45.jpg

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think the best soloution would be to reduce the amount of speed and hp that turbo/shields contribute (respectively), and move it over to the ship’s base stats (or crew talents).

I’m a big fan of rudder, but I just can’t afford to use it when over a quarter of my hp, and over a third of my speed is tied up in shield/turbo.

I think that would also help to balance the game better, as ships will have a more standardised range of hp.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2017
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Those are really good suggestions to add extra features to them. Rudder and lube are not currently integrated well into this game.

TheFixer27 and noelips like this.
  5. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Ok, conbine rudder and lube into one thing, nerf the effects of both a little bit, and vólia! or however you spell it... : l

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So combine rudder and gear lube, it would be called rear lu... cant call it that!!!

7. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

"Rear lube" lol

Zachiderp and Ash KOT like this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

They could combine them both at full power, make it cost 0 slot points, and give me a t5 legendary for free... I still wouldn’t use it, when it means changing out my shield and losing over 1000hp.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    "rear luder"?:confused:

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You can turn around your speeder like Fidget and Turret sticks to the sticky target without Fkin up,I would take rear-Lube any day at mk6.Would be Fast enforcer with crazy turret,OP as fk.so,Basically combine idea is a scrap if you think either way!

The Otherguy and ViscountSniffit like this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

Yeah, that’s very true, I was only thinking about the Mk5 Speeder, which doesn’t have space for it.

On other ships that can make it fit, it could be pretty OP. Being able to circle shooters and defenders faster than thier turret rotates, is pretty much my only hope of surviving 1v1s.

Since I upgraded to mk5 and lost agility that has become much harder, shooters are usually able to catch me now. My #1 priority at the moment is trying to unlock the agility training on Swift and Burnace so that I can 1v1 properly again.

If shooters all suddenly got gear lube, I think it’d be game over for me.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

:D Game over

The Otherguy and ViscountSniffit like this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

Heh, do you really think people will use it?

14. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Plot twist: christmas gift is a legendary gear lube :eek: