1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio Math....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SAME DIFF3R3NC3, 10 Aug 2017.

1. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Just finished playing a game, and I'm noticing my infamy is not adding up. Started the match at 3025 infamy. Ended up losing so I took a -24 infamy hit, dammit. But upon returning to the main screen I've noticed I'm now at 3000 infamy!? I know it's only 1 point. But how long has this been happening? I normally don't pay close attention to my infamy, I know it's going to roller coaster, but just makes me curious...

Any ideas as to what causes this?

IMG_9788.jpg IMG_9789.jpg

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

The numbers you gain / lose are not round numbers.
    Therefore in this example is possible you started on 3024.6 (rounded up to 3025) and lost say, 24.2 points which rounds down to 3000.

The exact formula we wont know, but devs have confirmed they are rounded up / down before.

3. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

Oh, I did not know that. Makes sense now, Thanks!

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yeah, unfortunately the whole rounding of infamy points is slightly messy currently making it look inconsistent. But fear not, nobody is skimming infamy points from you! It's working nicely with full precision floating points behind the scenes. :)

The Otherguy and Jerbears like this.
  5. Pulse Hadron

Pulse Hadron Member

Another place floating point numbers are behind the scenes is item power levels. I'd go to upgrade a Bandage at 22 power and it says next level is 24. But after upgrading the power is 23. I think they must use ceiling to show the next level but floor to show the current level.

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I'd say this one is a bug (though it could be caused by rounding indeed) I see it with nearly every level of repair pulse too. The item never goes to the value that the indication says it will.

7. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

I have the opposite issue in that regard. For instance; just maxed my rare health bolt to lvl 30. Stats said 719, but when I did the upgrade the animation showed 720.

8. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

Thank you for the reply! Learn something new everyday! On a side note, while I have you're attention, is there any way to disable the auto-targeting on weapons? When I'm trying to fire napalm as a deterrent, when a speeder is circling me, i end up fighting against my controls and can't launch on top of myself as the weapon is trying to lock on to the speeder. I either have to cancel my shot, try to fight it, or just fire it where ever because it's a lost cause. This costs precious seconds, in a game where every second counts. If there is no option at the moment, is/could this be considered in a future update? Preferably sooner than later. Thanks for your time.

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No because without auto-aim some of the weapons would be completely unusable. For example to shoot cannons you need 3D aiming (left-right, up-down, shooting distance) and you can only do 2D on the joystick. Because of this there needs to be auto-aim which handles one of those dimensions for you, in our case it's the depth. It's true that some weapons could work without it though, like mortars and torpedos. But this is the reason the game does not currently offer "no auto-aim" mode, because not all weapons could be used with it.

Miathan likes this.