1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rivalry matchmaking is broken

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ol' Rusty, 14 Dec 2018.

1. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Recently I decided to start my own guild and see how I'd go. I had heard from other players and friends that infamy would now affect rivalry matchmaking and this excited me as I had always wanted to start my own guild of mid level players who were active butt-kickers.

We were about to begin our first rivalry with 12 players and a combined total infamy of 10k. We had completed eight quests during the pre-rivalry season and we thought seeing as we had only completed a few and being so new with such low total infamy and so few members, that we would verse teams somewhere between 1.5k-2k rank (5k-15k total infamy) but that is not what happened at all. For our first rivalry we were matched with guilds ranging from 350-900 global rank or 20k-35k total infamy and who had all completed 30-35 quests during the previous rivalry season. We were persistent and gave it everything we had and came out in first place with 43 quests completed. This was done with an average of 15 players and 13k total infamy.

During this time we had recruited around five new player so by the beginning of the next rivalry (the current rivalry) we had 17 members with a total of 15k infamy. We thought we'd be ranked with teams slightly closer to us in power/infamy this time but again, we were thrown under the bus. This was the beginning of our current rivalry where we are up against five teams ranked 150-400 global rank or 33k-44k total infamy. Here's how I know that infamy doesn't affect a damn thing - every team completed between 40-45 quests last season. We are currently in first place with 42 quests at the time of writing this. I have searched high and low through every update and change made on the forums but I cannot find anything about any alterations being made to the rivalry match making system so I assume people were either lying or misinformed.

My question is, why is this happening to us or better yet, why is the system made this way? Why is it the more motivated and active a guild is, the less rewarded you are? Imagine if this current system was used in boxing. You win a title at Welterweight only to be thrown in at heavy weight where you have to eventually fight someone you can't beat. What happens to my guild next week when we have completed 48 quests? Do we then verse guilds between 75-200 global rank where we lose to someone with 25 player, mostly captain level 50 and over three times our infamy?? I'd like to add that my guild is genuine as far as their infamy being relative to their captain level. We are all between 25-45 captain level with 400-2300 infamy. We are not infamy tankers!

This system does not reward players who are genuinely active and who try hard, and it needs to change. Eventually losing to some nightmare team who is inactive is complete BS. Can one the devs or someone in the know respond and shed some light on this mind boggling situation?

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Infamy isn't a as reliable a measure of a guilds questing ability as the number of quests a guild completes, not that mind boggling really..
    Rivalries were infamy based when they were first released and it was a nightmare for high ranked f2p guilds.

3. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Infamy or captain level needs to carry some weight though. It is mind boggling to have a system which dictates matchmaking purely on quest completion

Last edited: 15 Dec 2018
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

IMO guild matching should be more RNG based. Doing it on Infamy makes little sense, because it's not a measure of effectiveness. Doing it on quests completed punishes the more active guilds... and the side effect is entire guilds reforming in a fresh guild with no history. (Devs: hint hint)

5. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

O Rovio, Rovio, wherefore art thou Rovio?

I have tried sending you bug reports personally, written countless threads, along with other fellow BBers regarding issues that are blindingly obvious to the entire community and yet, I have never seen a response to any of them.

Do you actually give a flying shit about us?

6. envylife

The forums have literally been abandoned by the Devs at this point. Zeus is on Discord, literally the only one who bothers. Go there if you want to pretend they care about the game, but let's face it, his responses regularly contradict the general thought of the player base, so you'll just be disappointed.

7. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

I was instructed by a mod to send the devs screenshots of bugs that I had encountered. I sent them to Zeus over Discord and waited. That was over two months ago now lol nothing happened.

It's so disappointing cause some of us really loved this game..

8. envylife

You'll want to open a support ticket with Rovio directly... it's the only guaranteed way to get a response, and the only recommended route for personal issues. https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new