1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rivalry balance request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Terry Morgan, 20 Nov 2017.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Devs please balance rivalry. The pearl cut has now made it pay to win. We rolled pearls won into boosts but now that is gone basically. Guilds with pay to win members now spend hundreds or more on boosts to ensure they win the tokens. Most of us normal players can't compete with money loaded guilds. Boosts should be added to raffle or removed to make competition fair. Also the quest boards should be exactly the same for each guild in the rivalry. Some quests are easier than others but the same quests make it fair for all.
    Rivalry has made the game more fun but now the pay to win element has made it miserable and impossible for normal players to enjoy friendly and fair competition. I hope this is adjusted to help improve the game experience for all. Thanks for listening.

Turkett

2. Carlos99

Carlos99 New Member

Completely agree

3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    pearl rewards used to be either balanced enough OR ONLY A LITTLE BIT TOO HIGH,the lowest reward is supposed to be 50pearls or more :(

A55A51N likes this.
  4. Terry Morgan

We only used raffle pearls for boosts. But this season we have very few boosts so it had a huge impact to the rivalry

5. Terry Morgan

Carronade and standard mortar on board five killed us as well

6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It would make for more interesting rivalries if guilds were matched according to # of quests completed last season (or on average).

Ian likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I thought that's what they do!

8. Kitterini

I think guild leaderboard position is the predominant factor.

Ian likes this.
  9. TheFixer27

A boat
    I thought that's already currently what it does,isnt it?

10. Carlos99

Carlos99 New Member

I have the same opinion

11. Kitterini

I see guilds with exclusively wins - Thats almost impossible if you get evenly matched.
    ---
    We keep getting into rivalries with the same guilds, despite them consistantly beating us by 15+ quests.

No major complaint though, neither me nor my teammates play (and spent as many $$$) as the guilds we face in rivalries. We did however have a noticeable increase in activity, pearl bought boosts and fun, in the one season where we had a chance to fight for top spots.

Mainly it looks silly when previous top guilds actively recruits low infamy players to avoid end game rivalries.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Or make it like matchmaking,If you loose 2-3 rivalries straight,Your next Rivalry opponents will be easier where you stand a chance of winning

13. InfinityBro

InfinityBro New Member

Boosts thing is irritating though..Agreeed!!..Hate Pay to win.. :(

14. TheFixer27

A boat
    my guild was a X boost giving away party,now only a few X2 boost a week :(

15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sorry but putting guilds that use boosts into their own rivalry league is counter intuitive.
    So if you do not spend money and buy boosts, you will be matched with easier opponents who do not use boosts.
    If you spend money on the game to gain an advantage, you will be matched with all the P2W tryhards hitting 60 quests?
    So spending money on boosts, is actually a disadvantage, doesn't that sound pretty ludicrous!

16. Terry Morgan

It's not only the buying boosts, our board 5 had carronade and s mortar which took forever, our competitors didn't have these same weapons on their board five. By the time we got to board six we didn't have time to finish it. All boards should be identical within the rivalry competeion imo. Despite 64 quests completed we still were second place.

Turkett

AoiTenshi likes this.
  17. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

they need add more formula for matchmaking guild in rivalry, still unfair right now.

either add how many quest they reach maximum or add how many guild win in position 1 until 6.

i agree too in whole rivalry team, all board should be same.

18. Kitterini

Be happy that you dont get matched against even competition & will win 95% of rivalries :)

19. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I was so surprised to know rivals don't have same quests.
    I don't know on what basis we are competing when there is no common ground. Last season we came first # 2 guild were giving us tough competition until they had 2 so hard quests napalm and flare and we won by 1 quest. This so unfair guilds are running different races and their results are compared. How is this fair?

20. Terry Morgan

But that is the issue as well. We don't mind competition as long as it is fair competition. Same quests and inability to spam purchase quest boosts would make it a fair platform and help increase the competitive prowess of this game. If we lose fair and square so be it, that is on us,but to be handicapped by different quests and lack of funds to quintuple the power of you guild at anytime is beyond reason.

Turkett

AoiTenshi likes this.