1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework infamy please

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Sep 2017.

1. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

Just please, how it is now it makes no sense.... make the infamy gain or loss be based upon battle performance and not just battle win\loss
    I just cant explain it today i've dropped 200 not by carrying 90% of the games i've played.... i lost games i carried and most of the games i won i had to carry (hard at times)
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose a battle you should be awarded by your actual battle performance, because how the system is now it's just plain frustrating i mean:

i tank 7k damage, deal 10k damage, heal 5k hp, frost 2 enemies, destroy 2 ships, get 3 stars etch i gain 25 not
    i tank 5k damage deal 7k damage, heal 2k hp, destroy 1 ship, frost no enemy get 2 stars etch i gain 20 not
    i tank 4k damage deal 3k damage, heal 2k hp, destroy 1 ship get 1 star i gain 0 not
    i tank 3k damage deal 2k damage destroy no ship i lose -10 not
    i tank 3k damage, deal 1k damage destroy no ship i lose -25 not

please @Miika @Zeus @Stebbi can you try develop an algorythm to award infamy according to real battle performances?
    I really believe not should be awarded by your actual performance in battle and be less RNG-influenced... because how it is now it's just pure random... you perform good you can gain not but you can also lose it (frustration), you perform bad you can lose but you can also gain (and then you have absolute clueless players matched up against top global, (frustration))... it's not right.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  2. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The developers have said before that infamy is just a representation of your ability to make a team win. Nothing more or less. And it is a good representation. Rewards are really what help you progress and they are given out based on your solo performance so I have no qualms with the current set up for infamy.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

Cmon man let's be real, it is not a good representation how it is now... Rewards are way much better with a better tier, so i dont get why i shouldn't be in a better tier because of RNG influecing my rank?

And it's not all about game progress, i'd also like to have a satisfying battle experience, i mean i perform good in a battle i get satisfied by climbing, i perform bad i drop not, i need to change something in my playstyle or in my loadout,
    but like this is way too much RNG,
    you perform as good as a god but you can't get satisfaction\enjoy the game, because other players can control the overall outcome of your battles by their performance, at some point i became scared to press Battle button it in fear to get matched up with bad players and keep losing infamy... this is not right??!!!
    Besides the fact that i would also like to reach a certain level where all the players around me have clues and know what they are doing, with how infamy is now this is not possible and it is frustrating.
    I play this game to chill and have fun not to get mad at how i have no "power" on getting screwed by other users bad performance....
    There was a game i dealt 15k damage killed 2 ships rest of my team did between 3k and 5k damage, 1 was semi-afk, 2 went to see places on the map, i still lost 24 not despite trying really hard and taking down 2 ships basically by myself... how could i deserve a 24 not loss after that?

4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

If you should only be rewarded infamy based on your sole performance why not make every game 1v5 and see how well you fair? That’s basically what would happen because people would stop playing as a team. Infamy the way it is encourages players to play together and not try to deal 15k damage running around leaving their teammates to die alone.

_devill likes this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

6. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

wtf you talking about game is 5v5 not 1v5, you never are the only target on the map
    people already do not play as a team in most of the times, deal 15k damage kill 2 ships while rest of the team drop the fight and run around tunnel in DG, to then reengage 1by1 and get melted, while a shooter is half afk spamming mortars onto walls, means leave teammates to die alone? To me your comments are starting to sound personal attacks thus toxic, i will just ignore you from now on. :)
    who played games with me knows what i bring to every battle :)

7. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

They’re not personal attacks I’m sorry if it sounded that way. It’s just you’re bringing up a topic that has been rehashed multiple times and it gets old. I played you earlier today and your team won and you weren’t the highest damage dealer, so in that respect your bravado is a little irritating but I see you’ve spent a good chunk of change for your gear and I understand there can be frustrating games. The system works for what it is intended for though.

8. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

It's not the first time I'm looking at a post where someone is complaining how bad the matchmaking is, yes it's all about infamy.
    @Rango8 agree with you. It's a team work game. Nothing else to be added here.

@Zombie only thing I will say is, so far I've been through almost 3900 battles. It may not be as much as your's :) but in all the battles 90% of the time I thought I was right in everything and the rest of the team was wrong. I play a speeder so it happens sometimes that the team abandons you. It's not something I can complain about. If I can do better I will get better and help my team out. If I want to contribute and I can't do it alone, i'll have to work with my team.
    If I can contribute more than my team can, I will do my best and walk away happy that I have learned something. Sometimes you have to make the team work together. And they don't listen most of the time. All we can do is stick with them. We are losing just as much as they are. So that goes both ways (some exceptions are there).
    Infamy? I dropped from 1800+ to mere 1175 last season (4 days back). Is it fair? Maybe it's not or maybe it is. I topped at 1907 today, just 4 days and I'm happy to see where I got. Now I might drop again or may cross 2000 infamy in next 3-4 days. It makes this game fun where you can see both sides of the game and learn from it. Enjoy it. :)

Rango8 likes this.
  9. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    There's no "I" in "Team"

_devill likes this.
  10. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I see the term "RNG" tossed around a lot....what does that mean? :) (I know dumb question.)

11. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Random number generator. Like for how the items and such we get from combining pieces are random. However the matchmaking is not random. It’s solely based on infamy.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2017
  12. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

the system how it is now, it is not meritocratic,
    like many other flawed things in life :)
    @ThatOnion , a team is supposed to be able to coordinate together, communicate and conduct strategies, current 5v5 on BB its just 2 groups of 5 individuals fighting each other, you cannot coordinate, can barely communicate and absolutely can't conduct any strategy... how can you people talk about a team game, what can a "fixer spamming together" know when the speeder accellerates away on his own... what can you actually tell? Is he scouting? is he baiting? is he gonna break lines and come back? or is he just going to be first blood?
    how can you call this a team game when you cannot know what passes in the head of the rest of the team and communication is limited to Together and SOS

_devill likes this.
  13. _devill

@Zombie No one helps out when sent out SOS? Yes it has happened to me and everyone else. Check your position when you trigger SOS. Is you team close? Can they help? Maybe they have it bad or they just didn't notice that you are in trouble. Best case scenario, they help out. Worst case they don't. It's nothing personal.
    What a speeder thinks I can tell you, sort of. At least about my gameplay style. I play recon at start and support during the game. I charge when required or when someone sends SOS (considering the current situation). For us everything happens fast.:p Anyway what a fixer has to do (you can find threads about his topic) when the team is not sticking together? How to get the team together? I have seen a fixer charge out and deliberately take damage so that the team will charge together to save their fixer. I have also seen a fixer singled out cos he got too far. If you are a fixer stick with the team. Don't charge after that speeder. They know what they are doing. If you charge after them you will get sunk.

What are the teammates thinking? If I can tell exactly that I will be top player, no problem. It depends on experience. Maps in this game are limited by number and with enough practice you can eventually tell what someone is doing or aiming for. Sometimes you agree and sometimes you don't. If you agree say together, if you don't say negative. If team listens fine, if they don't stick with them and fight it out together. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I usually try to lead my team if they are not working together and I hate it when we lose. Was it my fault? Maybe yes maybe no. Did I learn something? Yes. It's simple. Everyone learns over time. Same here.
    One person can not win. Not alone. No matter how good. Work together. Win or lose (and support speeders:p)

14. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

IMG_2991.PNG
    Tell me why I am supposed to drop infamy after a game like this

15. _devill

Good question bro. I guess you see this as unfair? Everyone has had battles with 0 damage. It's not their fault. They made the wrong decision and ended up stranded. Tell me bro if you had done 0 damage will it be cos you went floater? Or you made a mistake?
    Probably the latter. Everyone makes mistakes. It's a part of human nature. That's why PvP battles are fun. You can always find the strongest or the weakest opponents and everyone can improve. Don't be discouraged by these battles. It's a team game and some people don't get it. Can't help there.
    Whenever I see anyone complain about match making I try and hope they understand that it's a team play game. Everyone can not win always. Even in sports not every team wins. Sometimes the best you have may not perform up to your expectations. It's nothing to get mad about. If you are fleeting with a friend will you get mad? No. It's because you know they tried their best and didn't get what they wanted.
    Here you play with people you don't even know, may never know. So its alright to forgive and move on. Everything comes with time. If everyone is best at what they do then no one is best. They are all the same.:)
    Keep that boat going and try again. Never give up. I hope to see you sometime in battle. Maybe I can learn a thing or two as well.

P.S. Don't be in the unfriends okay.:p

16. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

lol never (hug)
    but see my performance in this battle was good i almost won the game by myself, we were at a point 3v2 but i was very low hp, i died and it was 2v2, my 2 teammates sucked bad and we lost
    for what i gave in that battle i should've received infamy and not lose it

17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It might me nice if teams got some credit for a 5-4 defeat. Some games are rediculously close (down to the last hit), so it seems odd that the teams end up 50 points apart, when they were almost perfectly matched.

18. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

yea ffs, current system it's so frustrating...
    I do bad, yea i drop infamy, i do good i gain
    but i do good and i drop? it's so frustrating

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Here we go again :) Always boils down to the same "when I lose its due to broken matchmaking, when I win its because I'm awesome"!

Focus on being the player your team needs rather than assuming that you did great and only lose due to hopeless teammates. Alternately search for a solo game? This is a multiplayer game and infamy is the only reward thats teambased, everything else is already calculated on a personal performance basis.

_devill likes this.
  20. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Lol. Here TS did zero dmg. Maybe it compensates games where he does great dmg?:D