1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning player help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Scogel, 29 Dec 2018.

1. Scogel

Scogel Member

So, I decided to take a break from the game a few months ago and decided to return. The game has changed a lot and I was looking for some advice.

I had a pretty sick loadout on defender (screenshot included of it + inventory) and was wondering what the best build for it is now.
    Also ship pieces, how do you get them. The interceptor looks wicked but I have no way to get those.
    Is there anything important to research since all of those changed.
    And lastly I have a legendary gear lube to transmute. I'm thinking of doing small shield since I have enough epic big shields to get one of those to 50. And advice it much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Small shields are great, because they can go on any ship with ease.
    Ship pieces for the Interceptor and Reaper can be obtained by playing the event modes and buying 20 coin boxes. They are mixed together, but if you're willing to grind out a few events, you will be rewarded with a new ship and some shiny levels.
    And that defender build seems like it would still kick stern, although I am not a big-time defender so I may not be the best person to give an opinion.
    A lot of defenders these days are favoring carronades if it helps... try swapping that in for the sniper and see how it goes. Brawling defenders are big atm from what I've seen.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

And as far as researching goes, this link will take you to a library of in-depth reports on every new ship/item added to the game except the Gatling (but that thing is crap anyway): https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/redneck-reviews-library.23565/. Written by yours truly, these outline strategies and information about the ships and the pros and cons of each new item.
    Shameless self-promotion is now over. A quick look through the patch notes wouldn't hurt either, for stuff like balance changes and the like.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.