1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of Big Bertha.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vikeshot, 15 Dec 2017.

1. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

The Big Bertha is almost obsolete in the nightmare matches, as most of the ships have better Turbo. Even the defenders can get out of the area of impact before the shell lands on it. Kindly show love to it as it is a fun yet effective weapon in the lower tier matches such as early in game. Few suggestions I would like to put as in....
    ★) Increase Damage area
    ★) increase the middle hitpoint diameter
    I would like to ask for forgiveness in advance if any other thread with search suggestions are already been placed before.
    Thank you...

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The buff will have to be done well. Otherwise it'll be veeery dangerous in the lower leagues. You can use frost launcher to slowdown a group of enemies and let 'em have it(though not until frost gets balanced).

ThatOnion, Mr. Chompers and Vikeshot like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

One word why mortars and fixer become obsolete in nightmare---->SPEEDER

Berta is quite good,When talking about it being obsolete.Not only berta,But all mortars suffer the same Fate

4. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

That's why....instead of a damage boost, some rewarding changes to the weapon hit area is done, then that might bring it's effectiveness to an increase. Including to that, if the area of effect colour has different opacity, it might do the trick

5. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Definitely. How about a crit perk for morters? That's also a nice idea. Whole area enemies get the crit.

6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

None of these ideas mentioned are the solution.
    Why does big bertha miss sooo many times? Obvious answer its too slow.
    Boats get faster and even the slowest boat can avoid big bertha center. Something to note ...if u finish the crew member training tree the center for all mortars will get bigger.
    So I propose 2 big bertha solutions. Devs. Increase the speed by and reduce the launch arc. To match the speed and the arc of frost launcher. Which has an equal area. But seems to land more often. Because it is faster and has a more direct trajectory angle towards the target.
    Speed and nd launch angle are the solution.

Mr. Chompers and Helius Maximus like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That WILL cause a problem in early game. Berta is a balancing headache, innit?

Mr. Chompers and Vikeshot like this.
  8. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I think @joeyaa will have some constructive criticism about this post..

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  9. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Leave everything as is, just add a speed perk to mortars. The compromise will be slow and more damage, or faster with less.

ThatOnion and Mr. Chompers like this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a mortimer training at lvl 30

11. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Yes. Perks can do good. Also some speed of shells training in captains maybe....for all morters in general rather than only long range.
    Shell speed....or.....frost damage
    Shell speed....or.....damage boost.
    Like that.....training.

12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

No thank you,That low arc should be kept characteristic of Naplam and missile in weapons only.Excluding the end game,Mortars are big nuisnace and it will make it even bigger problem in lower leagues.

Even with high arc mortars are problem(Not for me tho),But still there have been lot of complains about it

Shadow Moon!, benguin8 and Vikeshot like this.
  13. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They already nerfed it along with frost launcher, which aids it, the devs do not care 5% of the people use it and 70% use sniper rifle, they are not interested in balancing the game and having unique players and tactics, it's all based on their feelings and emotion.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2017
    TheFixer27 and Vikeshot like this.
  14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I think @CheekyDevilGod will have something thoughtful to say on this topic.

15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Still don't know where this fallacy came from.
    There are plenty of mortars in nightmare league (yes, including berta), and far too many in lower leagues.

16. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They do snapshots of weapons used

17. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Bi
    Yes, in lower leagues, BB is used a lot. Ships are slower for poor turbo. So, the weapon does decent damage. Higher leagues, ships are doing 1.50 speed. Only by accident BB does damage. I just want that all weapons should be fun and effective to use in all leagues. Why only speeders with flare and ex-cannons in higher leagues? All weapons should be fun to use. Then only players will.come with creative loadouts ensuring steady interest in the game.

18. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

If it's true, then the Devs should soon bring the interest back into the game. Already many players are qutting the game following the nerfing updates.

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

The top 50 are not really representative of the 1000+ players in nightmare league, and snapshots are just of what they have equipped at that moment.
    Loadouts are subject to a lot of change in the later game, due to guild quests/boredom/surprisal tactics.
    I see mortars in every single match I play though, and while firebombs are most common the rest are far from rare.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I assure you that berta does massive damage in the late game, and not by accident.
    It is exceptionally powerful against defensive teams, but has its place in open combat as well. All it takes is a kiss from the outer ring to deal 1000+ damage.

Shadow Moon! and craz¥burd like this.