1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting guides from top players to add in-game.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by JoshW, 2 Oct 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I would like to request for top players (NML residents) to create a guide for their main ship. We need one volunteer (or a few who are willing to collaborate) for each ship type to make a short basic strategy guide for newcomers. My hope is that the developers can add these guides to the game, maybe a well designed pop up window after the tutorial detailing each ships purpose and a tab in the menu with the guides for future reference. I am hoping to achieve a few things with this, they are listed below:
    1 - Having a detailed description laid out for new players will help them choose a ship that best suits their play style.
    2 - Knowing which skills are effective will let new players know what they should be practicing without so much trial and error.
    3 - Knowing which items best suit each ship will allow for more focused allocation of resources and less time and effort spent upgrading items that are ineffective for the chosen ship.
    4 - Reduce early frustrations that result in lost new players.
    5 - Adding player content to the game provides a moral boost and sparks creativity for suggestions to improve the game.
    6 - This gives players something to look forward to, a payoff for all the grinding. ( I want to be able to play like that someday!)
    7 - A higher average skill level that will result in more intense and hopefully balanced matches.
    I know there are an assortment of guides on the forums but players who are new to a game don't often visit the forums (or even know about them). This would help provide more traffic to the forums if people see that there is useful information here!
    Please keep the guides professional if you want a chance to be featured in the guides tab.
    @The Grim Repair would you be willing to organize the volunteers for this and submit the proposal to the developers? I feel like this would provide a significant benefit to our community and allow us to keep new players interested.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I've thought about making a guide for new players (although there apparently aren't any) ...

But, the biggest issue I ran into was that everything changes drastically from early to late game.

For instance, grenade and mine are super-effective late game items, but they're terrible for lower speed, new players that haven't unlocked the +range crew talents.

Another example -- Tesla shields are very strong late game, but the lower level versions are worthless against the T1 legendaries that Mk2s are earning from events.

So, after throwing out everything that didn't apply, I was left with one comment .. "Build a fixer."

JoshW likes this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Lol, I see what you mean. This change in effectiveness between early and late game is what frustrates a lot of players. Spending a lot of effort to upgrade items that are working early game just to have them be rendered almost useless late game. I also think this is why the mid levels are overpopulated as people try to switch over their loadouts to late game items. Knowing early on what will work in late game will let people start building those items early in addition to their current loadout and can hopefully avoid that midlevel wall.