1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting Assistance With The Ultimate Begginners Guide

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JoshW, 21 Jan 2019.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I am putting together the ultimate begginners guide.
    It will have every little detail I can think of to help begginners get off to a good start.
    It will cover every aspect of Battle Bay including gameplay, items/ships, guilds, friends, infamy, the market, crates, quests and anything else I can think of.

I could use your help gathering all the tips and tricks that will provide the best Battle Bay experience possible.
    For experienced players comment anything you wish you knew when you were first getting started
    For new players, if there are any topics that you wish to learn more about comment those and I will do my best to find and include the answers.

Thank you all in advance!!

R4Z0R likes this.
  2. Ability6

Ability6 Member

One thing I wish I’d figured out sooner is when an interesting item/weapon pops up on your calendar that you want to try out, first go buy one at the shop before you claim it then you’ll have two for evolving faster :D

3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

-Don't buy the starter package offering you rare equipment. It will eventually turn into an epic equipment package for just a little bit more $$.

-Skip commons and uncommons.

-You can't level everything and you can't save everything. Pick a few to focus on at a time and scrap the ones you don't plan on using right away. Use those parts to level the items you use. Then when those items are leveled, you can level your less popular items.

-Join a guild ASAP.

R4Z0R, JoshW and Agile Vanguard like this.
  4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    -Buy commons and scrap them for a chance of getting rare pieces.
    -Find a good fleeting partner to climb infamy.
    -Firing a heavy weapon such as an explosive cannon or railgun will blind your opponent. Use the milliseconds to move into position for a second attack.
    -Use rares, as you will need many items for the new HCDM and epics may not be available for beginners. Rares are also easier to level up and find duplicates.
    -(This one I really wish I knew when I started) Lead your shots and ride the waves.
    -Explode torpedos against walls to damage the enemy rather than trying to hit them fully.
    -Mines and naplam are meant to be used in an enclosed space.
    -Firing a railgun too close to your target will reduce it's damage.

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and JoshW like this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Never even thought of that lol, it's going in.

Adding the first 2, covered the second 2

Very good tips, added ;)

6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

If you see a stunned opponent - LEAVE THEM ALONE. Unless they're so low on HP that you can one shot them, they are not your target.

benguin8 and JoshW like this.
  7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention, I'll be including links to other guides that go deep into detail on specific topics so feel free to add the link here.
    For example TheAntiSnipes guide on wave manipulation explains it way better than I ever could so I gave a breif description and linked his guide. With permission of course :)

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Good point, I'll add a section about effects (stun/Frost) explaining how they work and how to use them effectively.

Aether_Zero and Agile Vanguard like this.
  9. Aether_Zero

Sweet. I'll see what I can find replay wise with some nice bolt hits, especially manipulating 2v1s when both opponents have more than my HP lol

JoshW likes this.
  10. Aether_Zero

Also - PROTECT your Fixers. They can't keep you alive if you don't help them out.

Nikkie! and JoshW like this.
  11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

lol me all the time :p

also another tip: save up your guild tokens to max unless you see something in the draws that you desperately want. I like to think of it as a field, every time you draw its "tilling" the soil a bit so you get better rewards when you next till but if you only till a tiny bit every time but lots of times, you only get lots of uncom parts and cr@p. as opposed to if you till a sh!t ton at once you get heaps of good stuff over and over again!! :)

Agile Vanguard and JoshW like this.
  12. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Weapons with fast projectile speed are good for starting out with. I'd recommend:

Sniper cannon
    Gatling gun
    Standard cannon

Also, mortars are very beginner-friendly because of the large AoE

JoshW likes this.
  13. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Also, START WITH RARES! Commons and uncommons aren't good enough, and epics are too hard to get duplicates for. Start upgrading you're favorite rare equipment, and save epic duplicates for those items. In fact, I'd recommend saving all epic duplicates unless you really know you don't like that item.

JoshW and R4Z0R like this.
  14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Got it, I'll also add to this. Saving epic duplicates until you can that item to T4 will let you focus your resources into powerful items instead of upgrading epics hodgepodge style.

R4Z0R and Winter Chicken like this.