1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Request to the devs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aquaholic, 10 Mar 2018.

1. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    I'd like to know how damage is calculated in this game so that in certain situations I know whether I should shoot or put up a tesla shield.
    For example if an enemy is on 300hp and my 310dmg cannon is loaded I would like to know the lower boundary of my cannons damage to make sure I get the kill and that I don't end up hitting it for let's say... 299 damage.
    What I request from the devs is the complete formula for how a weapons damage is calculated so that I can substitute the variables in and work out the upper and lower boundaries of a weapon's damage output.

(Tell me if i'm not making sense)

Antony likes this.
  2. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Every ship have different defence pounts and also defence point perks , this is what makes your 310 canon hit less. For example if i have 10 defence point and you hit me , i will receive only 300. So formula is weapon damage minus enemy ship defence points. And You can't know what enemy have, So you can't be certain.

3. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    True but what I want to know is what the extent of RNG is in calculating weapon damage. You can take a rough guess about a players defence based on their ship.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    It's +\- 10%

5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I think it’s based off of RNG and defense

Defense, which is the weakest perk in the game and should become a percentage perk instead, can stop a shot from doing its full potential of damage.

Another thing to take consideration of, is when you upgrade your cannon. It probably gives you 13 more points of damage on each upgrade, right? So, from that, the damage will be within a plus/minus 13 damage range, -defense.
    It’s very little protection you get overall and I think the defense perk should get a buff.

But when it comes down to it, it depends on who is doing what.

If he has a blast and you have a sniper, shoot him. Unless your sniper doesn’t do enough damage.

If you have a torpedo and he has a cannon or is too close, shield.

In my opinion, you should always shield.

Hope his helped! :)

Aquaholic and Jamie7777 like this.
  6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    RIP Carronade?

Aquaholic, Rainbow Warrior and HARPO! like this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Lol. I don’t think so.

8. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Like Ian said, every shot varies +/- 10%. So for a 310 dmg cannon the range is 279-341.

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Aquaholic likes this.